GEN3 Buyback case has been opened.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
UPDATE

Dealer couldn’t recreate the problem, scanned it and said they couldn’t find anything wrong at the time. The had it for three days drove it to and from places and couldn’t find issues.

They fixed the tailgate by putting on new studs to secure the tailgate though so all good there. Guess time will tell and we will see if it happens again.
So I guess 'case is closed' now. Well that was an interesting thread. Zzzzz....

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, because there is no indication or warning message for that fault. The BCM will have DTCs for both fog lamp circuits being open. There is no fuse, the lamps are powered by Field Effect Transistors (FETs) in the BCM. The transistors measure current draw, so unless the aftermarket lights you’re installing are identical in load to the factory fogs, it will set over current DTCs. Use the upfitter switches if you’re going to add aftermarket lighting.
Thanks for sharing this. I was about to plug some Rigid D2 lights into the OEM circuit, but will re-think that plan now! I think time to cap them off instead.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put it back to stock and see if the issues go away. It's that simple. I think you only remaining issue will be the recalibration that you need the tool to do. Cars are highly complex and integrated and manufactures are going out of their way to lock out the aftermarket. Ferrari's now put their cars into safe mode if it detects ANY modifications, including exhaust.

Change everything back, unplug the battery overnight, reset everything and move on.

Rappin37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as the dealer is aggressive with Ford by telling them it’s a factory issue they will buy back.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update? My dealer still hasn’t gotten parts in to fix some of my truck’s problems, it’s been several months. Now my driver assistance is starting to mess up and drive modes intermittently unavailable. Tried to use the ProPower for the first time won’t work, and it says I need to go to dealer for assistance.