The topic that has been beaten to DEATH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright, we all know what this topic means... It's about the bent frame.

On the Z, they've found in the Born In Baja video that the Raptor used to make the video had a bent frame.

I'm pretty much on the neutral side of this debate, but I'm just trying to form an opinion based on everyone's knowledge.

What are your thoughts on this?

Does this change your opinion on the issue (assuming there is an issue)?

How does this change your opinion on SVT's response of the issue (assuming all things the same...)?

Here are the pics...

Attachments

• Screenshot2012-01-24at72624PM.jpg
    Screenshot2012-01-24at72624PM.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot2012-01-24at72732PM.jpg
    Screenshot2012-01-24at72732PM.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 188

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Nope, it doesn't change anything. The responses I've seen show that they know the frame can bend there, and that they decided that would be more beneficial than some other key component that would keep you from limping home breaking and stranding you.

I've run mine pretty hard and not had an issue. It boils down to limitations of the stock design again, and it looks like even the Ford guys exceeded it. The truck is confidence inspiring enough to get you in trouble if you don't stay in control of your pace and/or prerun your route first.

If someone took a Ferrari out on a track and tweaked it somehow, would they blame Ferrari? To me it boils down to people not taking responsibility for their own actions.

It's not a Trophy Truck....treat it like one and it'll be more than happy to show you where it doesn't stack up against one, like the frame.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meh. I guess its more fun to rehash someone else's old news than it is to get out and make some new news of your own.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:shitsweak: all i know is if the truck did have a bent frame an still managed to pull off a good finishing time like it did that makes it more impressive to me that even with a bent frame but still preformed ......same story as always things got its limitations treat it with respect an drive within reason

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
was this thread really neccesary? This isnt the Z. we are not obsessed with the bent frame "issue"

I know it's not. I know that there are a lot of intelligent guys on this forum and I just wanted to know what they thought about this.

If you think about it, it does change things a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc