The Detroit Auto Show - New Raptor Unveiling Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kscarguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pass for now. love the interior but not so much on the exterior. have a 13 and will wait until it falls apart until I get a new one

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did I miss the Upfitter Switches??
6 in the over head.

Anyone else notice the blacked out rear wheel wells.

I still didn't see anything about the Browning sticker.....

and they took this right from the meeting we had at Snoball500 with Ford

"Additionally, the new Raptor will feature an off-road-biased selectable Terrain Management system, which enables the driver to select modes to optimize driving dynamics to environmental conditions, including normal, street, weather, mud, baja, and rock modes."

WATCH NOW: 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor LIVE-STREAM Debut at 2015 Detroit Auto Show [video and gallery] - TFLTruck.com: Truck News, Views & Reviews | The Fast Lane TruckTFLTruck.com: Truck News, Views & Reviews | The Fast Lane Truck

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Last edited:

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have preferred a v8 in the raptor. I remember the born in Baja video they said N/A was the was to go with hot air etc etc.... So what changed? also think the v6 ecoboost is a disappointment in the ford gt but then I think of how great the Nissan gtr is and the possibilities and horsepower gains that they get and can't be touched. I like both of them and the will both prob be $$$$ but right on ford for a great Monday and the excitement to come. They are headed in the right direction

Molten Orange from NW Indiana

M3ichael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy to hear the Ecoboost will be making more power and torque than the old 6.2 V-8. Looking forward to seeing how much the MPG has improved.

MustangAndRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too happy with the V6 :/ drove a 6.2L on saturday and loved the sound and feel of it.

Also I agree that the tailgate definitely looks like crap, way too in your face and has the "compensating" feel like someone else said. I like 85% of the 2017 but that 15% that I dont like is making me just want the 2014 I drove even more.

I also like the orange/red stripe on the steering wheel over the silver

I REALLY HOPE FORD IS READING THIS THREAD AND FIXES THIS CRAP!!! lol

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not too shabby, and though I'm a big fan of turbo's the ecoboost sounds a bit ricey with exhaust. It's tough to vacate that sweet V8 sound but as this thing gets closer to showroom floors I might have to seriously consider it.

Ecoboost w/ exhaust
http://youtu.be/J4ccwmh1HxA

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6 in the over head.

Anyone else notice the blacked out rear wheel wells.

I still didn't see anything about the Browning sticker.....

and they took this right from the meeting we had at Snoball500 with Ford

"Additionally, the new Raptor will feature an off-road-biased selectable Terrain Management system, which enables the driver to select modes to optimize driving dynamics to environmental conditions, including normal, street, weather, mud, baja, and rock modes."

WATCH NOW: 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor LIVE-STREAM Debut at 2015 Detroit Auto Show [video and gallery] - TFLTruck.com: Truck News, Views & Reviews | The Fast Lane TruckTFLTruck.com: Truck News, Views & Reviews | The Fast Lane Truck

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe

Snoball 3

Delta Lead

Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Ford stole that tech from land rover and it's what replaced the 4x4 system in the new explorer. Just more nannies.