The Detroit Auto Show - New Raptor Unveiling Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not driven a single TC vehicle that did not feel like there is a rubber band between the gas pedal and the engine and another between the engine and the pavement.
My first TC car was a Maserati V6 Biturbo Spider.
The last TC car I drove was a Taurus EB (rental)
Still the same feeling...
My personal car has a SC and there is a direct/instantaneous connection between my foot and the engine which directly and instantaneously starts tearing up the pavement!

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not driven a single TC vehicle that did not feel like there is a rubber band between the gas pedal and the engine and another between the engine and the pavement.
My first TC car was a Maserati V6 Biturbo Spider.
The last TC car I drove was a Taurus EB (rental)
Still the same feeling...
My personal car has a SC and there is a direct/instantaneous connection between my foot and the engine which directly and instantaneously starts tearing up the pavement!

I linked this in another thread:

Turbos are the future of new more efficient vehicles, its as simple as that.

From Ferrari "We don't like the turbo, but it's the right way to reduce emissions without sacrificing performance." Taken from this Road & Track article.

Also Ferrari just announced their 2016 Ferrari 488 GTB which is twin turbo

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Call it whatever you want but stock for stock the new Raptor will rip by any Gen 1 it goes up against. So instead of having to throw a SC on the new Gen 2 you can use that cash for other upgrades since the power will be way up from factory.

I think the aftermarket crowd will fix the exhaust note if its weak from the start so the 'sound' will be just fine. SC whine isnt any more manly than turbo spool. Sadly, youll get the idiots and bro-dudes that get BOVs that vent into the atmosphere instead of recirculating but those ass clowns dont count in this discussion.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't get it; you will never get it...

No I get it. I have a turbo car sitting in my garage and I have two other V8 vehicles sitting in my driveway.

Just have to have forward thinking and hope the change isnt as horrible as everyone makes it out to be.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Call it whatever you want but stock for stock the new Raptor will rip by any Gen 1 it goes up against. So instead of having to throw a SC on the new Gen 2 you can use that cash for other upgrades since the power will be way up from factory.

I think the aftermarket crowd will fix the exhaust note if its weak from the start so the 'sound' will be just fine. SC whine isnt any more manly than turbo spool. Sadly, youll get the idiots and bro-dudes that get BOVs that vent into the atmosphere instead of recirculating but those ass clowns dont count in this discussion.

TURBO...
7be21546.gif

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I linked this in another thread:

Turbos are the future of new more efficient vehicles, its as simple as that.

From Ferrari "We don't like the turbo, but it's the right way to reduce emissions without sacrificing performance." Taken from this Road & Track article.

Also Ferrari just announced their 2016 Ferrari 488 GTB which is twin turbo

In other news, Ferrari announced all future models will be a V6TT capable of 50 MPGs and a gazillion HP. They're "all in" with this engine as they put it. The glorious soundtrack of Ferrari V8s will be replaced by a recording of the 458 piped through the speakers. There's even a loud speaker pumping the noise externally so no one can tell the difference.

I don't think most people complaining about the future EB in Raptors are as concerned about the turbos as they are the number of cylinders. As least I'm not. While I'd prefer a n/a or SC V8, I would still buy a Raptor with a V8TT.