Another new guy wants to air bag his 2g Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've conceded to the WD hitch due to Ford stating you have to have one.
It's a 24ft Interstate with 2 kids quads and this 3klb homebuilt sand rail ...
nice, mine is an Interstate 20' with 7' interior. I like the sandrail. Hoping to build something similar one day. Working on getting my CNC Plasma going, and just got my new arcflat fixture fabrication tables.

Roscoe968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you like to fabricate, you could try this instead of airbags.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll be fine with just a WD hitch. You can also upgrade your leafs. I have icons on level 2. Still has a great ride and I towed my wife’s mini country man on a U-Haul trailer during my travel contracts. No issues.

Pump up the rear tires to hold the weigh a little (38-40psi) compared to the usual 32-34psi.

Nice sand rail. And nice work on the truck. Good job giving that truck a much needed refresh. I was afraid you were going to switch out the suspension to airbags all together with the tittle. I’m glad you’re just a normal person.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the FRF! Boy, they really did a number on the wires behind the seat! Yikes. Must of had a lot of aftermarket equipment. Good for you for taking on the project and getting her back to how it should be.

Raptors have integrated trailer brakes and trailer back-up assist. They are still an F-150 and can tow if needed. As said above, you'll want to air up the tires it should take some of the sway out. Stock tires are a bit of a problem because they are Load Range C. But, should be ok. You're not going far.

OP
OP
J

jgsfab

Reaction score
Since you like to fabricate, you could try this instead of airbags.

Built a bunch of buggies with Fox air shocks, not so simple to Air up/down. Pulling pins and removing is a better plan.