Terrible paint quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've worked on everything from Mitsubishi to Porsche, not just Ford. The fact that your FIL has worked for Toyota for 40 years certainly contributes to the bias to your views. Toyota cheerleaders love to pull the high mileage card; the "1 million mile" claims are a farce, yet toyota turns them into a PR stunt. Any vehicle can make it to 1 million miles if you just keep replacing parts, but it's a waste of time and money. The fact that they need to constantly highlight those ridiculous fairytales to try and sell their products is pathetic.

You claim Tundras "hardly" have issues? Lol ok. So when the (current) 2007 model debuted and they were snapping camshafts and blowing engines, that wasn't an issue? The $3500 Air Injection Pumps (AIP) that fail right out of warranty aren't an "issue"? The repeat cam tower oil leaks that require disassembly of the entire top half of the engine aren't an "issue"? The frames and differential housings rusting completely through is not an "issue"? How about the extremely common sticking brake caliper pistons or valve spring failures? Not an "issue"? Some of these ended up as TSBs and were resolved on later models, but the current generation has been on sale for 15 years.

"Go look at the stats"? The stats are clear, Ford is #1 in every single industry. Followed closely by GM/RAM. That includes forestry, agriculture, mining, oil drilling, emergency vehicles, etc. If the tundra was as great as you'd lead people to believe, it would be in the top 3. It doesn't even make the list, because it's a weak pile of junk. Just like the Nissan titan.

You're not "stating facts". You're a brand loyalist and based on your posts I find it hard to believe that you're actually buying a Raptor, because all you do is complain. Factory defects occur regardless of brand, especially with a new model launch. You're living in your own little fantasy world.
I’m a brand loyalist by selling my 2020 Tundra and waiting for a year to finally get an allocation for a raptor? Cmon man. You are taking my comments as bashes. Not my intention. And I was talking about my tundras, not tundras from 15 years ago ala 2007 or whatever.

And for the record, I’ve gotten into many a squabble with my FIL when I DIDNT buy a Toyota. I’ve owned way more non Toyotas than Toyotas.

You are a wealth of knowledge on here from what I can tell. I’m not trying to **** you off. Just stating things I’ve seen and heard about fords over the years. Luckily for me, reliability isn’t my first focus in my truck search

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol. Yeah I’m waiting for it. It’s cool. But cmon guys. We can criticize all the brands. It’s ok. It’s just funny how weird people get when it comes to car brands.

I’m buying a raptor. Will deal with these types of things as they come. I’m still a believer that if you take care of your vehicle, no matter the brand, it will take care of you
Yeah be careful of how critical you are of Ford or one of the nerd administrators sitting in his mother’s basement will ban you.

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Toyota. What was the old 4 cyl Toyota motor from the 80’s? The one that came in the little trucks? 22r or something like that? Probably one of the best motors ever, all 63hp of it but ran on whatever you threw in the gas tank. Impressive that was.

Us old timers are probably the only ones remember this :p:p

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t even believe someone would mention Toyota in the same sentence as a Raptor or TRX. I don’t care if a Tacoma or Tundra will go 1,000,000 miles without even an oil change. Toyota trucks are soulless, gutless, chintzy and they ride like a box of *****. Who ******* cares if they are reliable.
And the icing on the cake is...they're rust bucket junk that isn't any more "reliable" than anything else.

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had issues with my Gen 2 fender flares. I was told they come from the supplier painted. They're not painted at the factory. I put xpel wrap on them after they were repainted. At least they come off and can be repainted independently of the body. Should be 1-2 days.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of Toyota. What was the old 4 cyl Toyota motor from the 80’s? The one that came in the little trucks? 22r or something like that? Probably one of the best motors ever, all 63hp of it but ran on whatever you threw in the gas tank. Impressive that was.

Us old timers are probably the only ones remember this :p:p
The old 22R. Which was a new precedent for a japanese brand, yet was a joke compared to an American engine like the the AMC/Chrysler 4.2 which later became the 4.0. Never mind the GM 4.3 or Ford 4.9, which dragged the toyo junk backward while lasting decades longer.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t even believe someone would mention Toyota in the same sentence as a Raptor or TRX. I don’t care if a Tacoma or Tundra will go 1,000,000 miles without even an oil change. Toyota trucks are soulless, gutless, chintzy and they ride like a box of *****. Who ******* cares if they are reliable.
The best part is they're not more "reliable" than anything else, they're just outdated.