Terrible paint quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely agree with this. I’ve kind of become my parents; I work for the money, so it’s important to me because it’s mine. If I’m going to spend it on something, I expect to get what I paid for, not excuses.

I’m trying to think if I fall into “domestic owner” or “fer'n owner” category. Doing some quick history / math.... ok maybe not so quick... looks like 2 to 1 domestic, and I’m counting bikes too. just under 2 to 1 if you count the UTV I just bought (Yamaha).
Firearms would be a difficult count as well and I’ve found the same tribalistic rationalization among the two enthusiasms. The common denominator is humans. We will do quite a bit to rationalize purchasing decisions we made that turned out poorly or other than desired. OTOH, humans design and make the vehicles we drive and sometimes they don’t do it right, very similar to us end users.

You think bad component? I’m asking; not a painter or body shop worker, but I’ve casually duracoated a few things, and learned about improper prep while doing it.
Probably not... unless they had some sort of oil based contaminate on the flare that kept the paint from adhering.... prep issues are typically in a rework context.. I spent 2 years paint Ford paint delams in the early 90's while working my way thru college. This was chemical component issues with adherence... Although that was about 50% of the trucks..

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would be more accurate to say ‘be careful of being a troll here on FRF or one of the nerd administrators sitting in his mother’s basement will ban you’.

Because plenty of us have been critical of Ford at times and stealerships and lamented some issue here.

So.... The new Aluminum body F150 Raptor with it’s frame that is very probably, literally 3x the mass of a truck from from years gone by, has more tech than the Space Shuttle, is going cheaper on materials.

I suppose we disagree.

Yeah, the undercoating on the truck is clearly cheaper/inferior than it used to be. Way to take something out of context but you do you.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any vehicle can make it to 1 million miles if you just keep replacing parts,
Super correct. I’m coming from the Jeep Wrangler world. Plenty of million mile Jeep’s out there. I think we can all agree that Chrysler has the worst manufacturing possible and the electrical in the vehicles is always an issue.

OP
OP
Ryan33

Ryan33

Reaction score
My dealership took care of the problem. Repainted the fender flare obviously under a warranty claim. It's been 2 weeks and no issues even after taking it through the brushless wash. Hoping for a great run with this tuck. Still a little disappointed but nothing is perfect, even for a 80k truck.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s been awhile now, just checking in to see if all is still good with the flare that was repainted. Was it just the one flare?