Ride quality question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cajunproc

Reaction score
These threads are comical. If your Kia rides better than your Raptor, buy another Kia. It’s an off road truck, not a Cadillac. It’s become a status symbol and the new owners show that, people have no idea what they are buying.
What? Did you even read my post? There are plenty of people who say the ride comfort/quality is similar to a Cadillac. I didn't buy the truck with the expectation of it being a luxury vehicle. I'm just asking if those people over hyped that aspect of it, or if something could be wrong with mine.

OP
OP
C

Cajunproc

Reaction score
Jayzus! How were you able to register at FRF? Have our standards fallen SO far that we’re now letting in Kia owners? Please tell me that kia was free...
I don't own it lol

As previously mentioned, this is the lion’s share of your observation. Raptor Assault recommends 32/28 as a compromise for any terrain type you may have to drive to. air down if you can off road, but if not, you can get away with 32/28. That is unladen, maybe 1 passenger. if you up the payload, up the psi. use 38/38 for a full payload

At that psi with no payload you’ll wear out the center of the tires by about 32k miles with your edges fully intact.

The ’17-’18 MY Raptors have an edge in ride quality in terms of compliance and comfort over the later model years with Fox live valve shocks. I have buddy, former ’19 owner who campaigned the SDI e-click (?) for a while and eventually sold it, unable to configure it to be as compliant as the earlier MY trucks. That said, I think once you start lowering the psi down to more reasonable levels you’ll see an improvement that is very noticeable.

And either upgrade your g/f or her ride. You can’t have her bouncing around in a kia fer f*ck’s sake with you having a Raptor.
I will try that tomorrow. Is there a place to find information like that from Raptor Assault?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
What psi are you running?
Mid 30's. I don't really keep a strict eye on them.

You mentioned riding like a Cadillac a few posts back. We had an '18 Escalade and that thing was like riding on a stagecoach in comparison.

You might want to try and drive another local Raptor and see if something is up with the shocks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
These threads are comical. If your Kia rides better than your Raptor, buy another Kia. It’s an off road truck, not a Cadillac. It’s become a status symbol and the new owners show that, people have no idea what they are buying.
I mean... I’m just sayin’ there are some things a Raptor owner should NEVER admit
riding in a prius, driver or passenger for ANY length of time.
owning or letting a friend own a kia.
- full disclosure, a friend of my wife is a broke a$$ teacher with a kia that is nothing but trouble and she’s also about to marry for the 4th time so I’m disowning responsibility for that one.
If you’re a dude, riding on the back of a motorcycle. Unless you crash on a race course, or the mountain course on the Isle of Man, Mad Sunday. Then it’s ok
Parking next to a POS car. They simply do not care.
And, or course, dating a chick with a peasant car. She will NEVER get it. EVEN if she goes with you to monster truck events, then still gets a kia, fuhgeddaboutit.
there’s more.

I don't own it lol

I will try that tomorrow. Is there a place to find information like that from Raptor Assault?
<sigh> but you tolerate it ; nay... you tacitly approve of it. We can’t have that here.

your-girlfriend-owns.jpg

I don’t make the rules...

Raptor Assault is a free for new Raptor purchasers 1 day event in Toele, Utah ( I think I misspelled that ) at the Ford Racing complex there. This is where you get shown a fraction of the things the Raptor is capable of, and trust me when I tell you it’s a hell of a lot more than you think if you haven’t been. There’s maybe...2, 3 dozen FRF who regularly push their Raptors anywhere near as hard out of ... how many of us? R/A is eye popping if you have not off roaded before and eye opening if you have, but are new to the Rap. I’ve had...3 off road vehicles before the Rap and the Rap is superior to all 3 of them combined. Did I mention that they provide the Raptor for you? At the dinner before the R/A they tell you flat out:

“Don’t drive it like you bought it, drive it like you STOLE IT”. This is a direct quote.