Ride quality question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean... I’m just sayin’ there are some things a Raptor owner should NEVER admit
riding in a prius, driver or passenger for ANY length of time.
owning or letting a friend own a kia.
- full disclosure, a friend of my wife is a broke a$$ teacher with a kia that is nothing but trouble and she’s also about to marry for the 4th time so I’m disowning responsibility for that one.
If you’re a dude, riding on the back of a motorcycle. Unless you crash on a race course, or the mountain course on the Isle of Man, Mad Sunday. Then it’s ok
Parking next to a POS car. They simply do not care.
And, or course, dating a chick with a peasant car. She will NEVER get it. EVEN if she goes with you to monster truck events, then still gets a kia, fuhgeddaboutit.
there’s more.

<sigh> but you tolerate it ; nay... you tacitly approve of it. We can’t have that here.

I don’t make the rules...

Raptor Assault is a free for new Raptor purchasers 1 day event in Toele, Utah ( I think I misspelled that ) at the Ford Racing complex there. This is where you get shown a fraction of the things the Raptor is capable of, and trust me when I tell you it’s a hell of a lot more than you think if you haven’t been. There’s maybe...2, 3 dozen FRF who regularly push their Raptors anywhere near as hard out of ... how many of us? R/A is eye popping if you have not off roaded before and eye opening if you have, but are new to the Rap. I’ve had...3 off road vehicles before the Rap and the Rap is superior to all 3 of them combined. Did I mention that they provide the Raptor for you? At the dinner before the R/A they tell you flat out:

“Don’t drive it like you bought it, drive it like you STOLE IT”. This is a direct quote.
The Raptor Assault course was pretty awesome. Especially if you can make it a longer trip and go play down at Bonneville, like I did. I think I set a world record with my rental car.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah, I’ve had peasant rentals a few times on the autobahn.
Fiat Punto 3 banger turbo diesel: 171 kph
rt1200 brand b : 128mph gps; 2 up, full luggage. Full as in stuffed by my wife with 30% of stuff we never used.

I know we bested that in 2010 ; Mad Sunday. KTM 1090 super adv.
have not done the salt flats tho. >:=>

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 37pp is definitely rougher than my 2018 over some routine rough roads I drive. Lower psi and a little more speed do make a difference.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, picked up F150 FX4 as a rental while I have my wheels in the shop. Brought me back to reality in just how smooth the Raptor is. Night and Day difference to say the least

JustACowboy64

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I recently bought a used 23 raptor with 5k miles. So far I'm really enjoying the truck and I don't have any complaints so far. I've been reading a lot about other people's experiences and one thing I noticed is that everyone seems to rave about the ride quality, but to me it's not anything amazing when it comes to driving over terrible roads. I can feel pretty much every bump in the seat. It doesn't beat me up but it's definitely felt. Now I'm not saying it's bad, but compared to what everyone else is saying it seems like my experience is totally different. And for reference, my girlfriend drives a Kia Niro and I feel like that has a smoother ride.

Could there be any issues with such low milage? Or are people over hyping how good it is?
Kia Niro?? What the hell? Next your gonna give us your pronouns and tell us her name used to me Tom. Rappptttor

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor Assault course was pretty awesome. Especially if you can make it a longer trip and go play down at Bonneville, like I did. I think I set a world record with my rental car.
How did you even find six goats at short notice in Utah? And how did you get them all in that rental car? Did the goats rotate or did you? And how many ... er ... laps did you run? :)

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, My 2018 non-live valve I was running 32 cold front and rear. My 2019 live valve was 34 cold front and rear. My 2023 I am keeping the cold 38 front and rear for now but I'm thinking about going to 32 cold for it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter