Ride quality question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, My 2018 non-live valve I was running 32 cold front and rear. My 2019 live valve was 34 cold front and rear. My 2023 I am keeping the cold 38 front and rear for now but I'm thinking about going to 32 cold for it.
Why not do a chalk test? Easy peasy. On my gen 2 the pressure that ran brand-new OEM BFGs flat with the truck empty was 32F/28R. Coincidentally, that's what they recommended at RA. You do have that annoying low tire indicator in your face unless you Forscan it lower.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I recently bought a used 23 raptor with 5k miles. So far I'm really enjoying the truck and I don't have any complaints so far. I've been reading a lot about other people's experiences and one thing I noticed is that everyone seems to rave about the ride quality, but to me it's not anything amazing when it comes to driving over terrible roads. I can feel pretty much every bump in the seat. It doesn't beat me up but it's definitely felt. Now I'm not saying it's bad, but compared to what everyone else is saying it seems like my experience is totally different. And for reference, my girlfriend drives a Kia Niro and I feel like that has a smoother ride.

Could there be any issues with such low milage? Or are people over hyping how good it is?
what rims do you have...if you are rolling on 20's, you screwed up the suspension

OP
OP
C

Cajunproc

Reaction score
Update: I've lowered the psi and it has improved slightly. I also developed this rattle/clunk noise when going over bumps. I'm starting to think that maybe one or more of the shocks are having issues so I will be bringing it to the dealership this week.

Here is exactly what the noise sounds like

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing is, if you’re going over a speed bump, as an example, at 3 mph it’ll feel exactly the same as any other car at that speed. The suspension at lower speeds isn’t able to cycle in such a way to matter. Take that speed bump at 60 mph and compare it to a Kia. You do feel the bumps and yes the “it floats over all bumps” is definitely over hyped. You just have to go over said bumps faster. At slow or normal speeds on normal road irregularities its not dramatically different than anything else. The issue with “feeling the raptor” is it’s not exactly a daily occurrence to hit speed bumps at 60 mph in front of a JC penny .

Kinda reminds me of sports cars today, the raptor on the street requires doubling the speed limit on compromised roads to see the massive advantage.

Last edited:

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As someone who had to get all 4 shocks replaced to make the truck drive like it’s supposed to due to the SSM I feel for the OP. Mine is a 2022 and fell within the warranty dates. I got lucky. I feel there are def going to be some people who have late 22 and 23’s with this same issue and it falls on them. Trust me, if you felt the front end of my truck you would have been disappointed and confused with what it feels like. We won’t know if this is his problem but I really think Fox/ford put out a general date in which they think the problem exists but may not be completely correct. Good luck.