Terrible paint quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Embarrassing for Ford
As someone who has had the pleasure of my tundras excellent build quality, this definitely concerns me considering I’ve never owned Ford before.

I’m not trying to start a flame war or anything, but things like this are why Toyota owners are always hesitant to jump to ford.

Really? A $80k+ truck has to deal with that crap?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As someone who has had the pleasure of my tundras excellent build quality, this definitely concerns me considering I’ve never owned Ford before.

I’m not trying to start a flame war or anything, but things like this are why Toyota owners are always hesitant to jump to ford.

Really? A $80k+ truck has to deal with that crap?
But you are…………wait for it………

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks, but Ford will straighten it out. Nothing built on an assembly line is perfect, and problems can come come up. Most likely Ford will have the dealer send them out to be repainted locally. As far as the build quality, I came from a Tundra nearly four years ago, and I've had fewer problems with Raptor than I did my Tundra.

OP
OP
Ryan33

Ryan33

Reaction score
Yes the dealership is going to to care of it under a warranty claim of course. Appears if the paint process was "rushed" according to the dealership so that the orders could be fulfilled on time or close to being on time due to the chip shortage.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happens. I had a new gen 2 with what looked like a Mis painted door or something that looks like it was poorly corrected in the factory. Dealership fixed it with minimal hassle.