Talk me off the ledge....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to turn into a greenie-weenie and really want my Raptor, but that Tesla could sure help on my daily 75 -mile round trip commute

So you're thinking that a $100,000 electric car could "help you on your daily commute" huh?

You talking in terms of using the car pool lane by yourself or fuel costs or both?

If you're considering a Tesla because of that and thinking of walking away from a 2014 Raptor then (1) you haven't spent enough time behind the wheel of a Raptor or (2) you're a green weenie and there's no helping you.

There's no way to justify a Tesla even if you're wanting to do some carpool driving. But there's no way to justify a Raptor...unless you're a man.

So, are you a man or a green weenie who needs to drive a $100k electric car in the carpool lane?

(Seriously, if you need to use the carpool lane that badly you should buy a used Prius or other car that qualifies and hang on to your MAN CARD and get the Raptor).

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're gonna compare a Hanzo sword, you compare it to every other sword ever made... that wasn't made by Hattori Hanzo.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude.... Riding in a Tesla is like sitting on a 2X4 and having a midget pound on your nuts with a ball peen hammer. Allllllll the way to Vegas. Horrible ride. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tesla $30,000 +/- over Raptor.

$30,000 / $4.00 per gallon = 7500 gallons

7500 x 15 mpg = 112,500 miles

Now how much does it cost to charge the Tesla every day?

$1000 electric bills plus the additional $30,000.

Last edited:

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tesla $30,000 +/- over Raptor.

$30,000 / $4.00 per gallon = 7500 gallons

7500 x 15 mpg = 112,500 miles

Now how much does it cost to charge the Tesla every day?

$1000 electric bills plus the additional $30,000.

mpg equals 15? the seats are to hard for me in the tesla. It is a very well constructed car but the floor boards are to high for comfort. your feet extend out not down, because the area under your feet are battery packs.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mpg equals 15? the seats are to hard for me in the tesla. It is a very well constructed car but the floor boards are to high for comfort. your feet extend out not down, because the area under your feet are battery packs.

15 mpg average for the Raptor.. :drunk:

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Tesla!!!

Any chance you can transfer your order in my name???:dogpile::dogpile:

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude.... Riding in a Tesla is like sitting on a 2X4 and having a midget pound on your nuts with a ball peen hammer. Allllllll the way to Vegas. Horrible ride. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mental image of this is...well...disturbing. If that doesn't steer someone away from reddy-kilowatt, nuttin will....and....WTF is a "Tesla Charging Station?" Never seen one here in good ol Michigan....LOL.