Look at new(to me) used Gen 2 vs gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mizzac

Reaction score
Hey all,

I currently have a 22 gmc AT4X, loaded with 15k miles, that while I enjoy and its quiet nice, it just isn't doing it for me. Ride is decent offroad, power is decent, mpg is actually fair considering, but im just not in love with it and Ive always wanted a raptor. Would be my daily, around town/highway, lease roads for work (oil field) and out to the family ranch. The AT4X does it all fine to be honest, just has some quirks that bother me. Anyways...

I am looking at a 21 Black 801A package (sunroof, 16k miles, for 68K. (offered 64k for AT4X).
1690914000843.png
I also found a 2019 Red 802A with 6k miles for 62k. (offered me 62k for AT4X)

My two main questions are, is the 801A basically the same as a gen 2 802A? I can see on the 23 build on ford that you can't really add much besides the sunroof and carbon and that stuff. I understood the packages for the gen 1 and 2, but the 3 has me confused with the change to 801A or raptor for 2023.

Also, althought i know its been covered alot in various spots, any thoughts on it the jump to the gen 3 is worth it. The gen 2 seems like a hell of a deal, even if i took a slight lose in trade in value on the AT4X.

Apprecaite the insight.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price is close enough on those it would be a no brainer for me, get the '21.

OP
OP
M

Mizzac

Reaction score
Thanks all, appreciate the input!

Maybe I'll get some time prior to working a deal out and do a full write up of the AT4X vs the gen 3.
Admittedly its a great truck, and I've seen alot of discussion the comparison.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
That's weird. I've never seen them compared. The AT4X comparison would be a Tremor, I would think. Have you driven the Raptor offroad yet? I'd wager that is all it really would take to sway your mind.

OP
OP
M

Mizzac

Reaction score
That's weird. I've never seen them compared. The AT4X comparison would be a Tremor, I would think. Have you driven the Raptor offroad yet? I'd wager that is all it really would take to sway your mind.
Much higher than the tremor tbh but in a different aspect. Best comparison is AT4X/Zr2 is more trail/rock climbing vs the higher speeds of the raptor. Front and rear lockers and shocks more akin to the early gen 2 raptors with less travel.

Muldoon

Reaction score
I sure hope you ended up with a Gen 3. Work for me is similar to your job, up and down oil field lease roads. I’ve owned an ‘09 Chevy 1500, ‘12 Dodge 2500, ‘13 F 150, and had to do ball joint/wheel bearing repairs on all of them. Get ya something built for lease road punishment and never look back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter