Don't hate me for asking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Didn’t bother reading this whole thread but if you have to have a V8 obviously the TRX is the better way to go just due to Ford dealers taking a flamethrower to the blue oval…that is until 2024. If you haven’t looked at 2024 pricing on the TRX it is in Raptor R territory now so pretty crappy situation there all around. I think the best trucks right now personally are the 37 package Gen3’s as you get the exact same truck as an R. You get double the fuel, no BS on pricing, they are actually available, you don’t have to pay some @$$hole $1k to “find” one, and they have plenty of juice for anything you’d want to do.

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn’t bother reading this whole thread but if you have to have a V8 obviously the TRX is the better way to go just due to Ford dealers taking a flamethrower to the blue oval…that is until 2024. If you haven’t looked at 2024 pricing on the TRX it is in Raptor R territory now so pretty crappy situation there all around. I think the best trucks right now personally are the 37 package Gen3’s as you get the exact same truck as an R. You get double the fuel, no BS on pricing, they are actually available, you don’t have to pay some @$$hole $1k to “find” one, and they have plenty of juice for anything you’d want to do.
how do the trx's hold their value though? are they similar to the raptor in that aspectt? personally not impressed by the trx compared to the R, but i am not paying 150 for an R. have a deposit on one for a much lesser ADM but it's in limbo. thinking of getting into a TRX to hold me off since it seems it may be quite a while before my R gets built.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I think the TRX looks fantastic in greyscale but there is no way I'd spend that money on a FCA/Stellantis automobile. The AWD is a turn off as well.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn’t. You spent 50-60k extra….maybe more. The 5.2L add-on is $30k + whatever these sleezy dealers put on that....extra 20-30k. Yes, im hating on it some. There is nothing organic about ford dealers playing the same game as flippers.
I sold my G2 and got a brand new loaded TRX for $97k out the door. A $30k increase from the original purchase price of my G2 Raptor.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy has given up on an R and is super close to getting a TRX and there have been massive price increases there. Lunar Edition over $100k. A regular Raptor is ridiculous itself.