Don't hate me for asking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oliver1539

Reaction score
I’m in a similar spot… travel out west to hunt every year or other year.
Just about bought a TRX the other night. The fuel tank size on the Raptors is also a big deal to me.
The TRX sounds amazing and has one heck of a jump when you punch it but… but it definitely feels heavy, I got used to it, but it’s noticeable for sure.
I don’t think I like the TRX that much more than my Gen 2 goosetuned Raptor w/42k miles. I also drove a Gen 3 37pkg with 14k miles. The power/ transmission and suspension of the Gen 3 Raptor is much improved over the Gen 2 in my opinion. I’m going to try a Gen 3 w/35’s and make my decision on which one to go with after that.
How did the Gen 3 37 pkg compare to your Gen 2 with a Goosetune?
I still have my 19 that is stage 2 Goosetuned, but deciding on a 37 pkg if I can’t get the R within reason.
Just seems more feasible getting the 37 pkg..

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have my 19 that is stage 2 Goosetuned, but deciding on a 37 pkg if I can’t get the R within reason.
G3 37 will feel much slower than a Goosetuned truck on 35’s.

A V6 37 is now the slowest Raptor one can get.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless you got a death wish, don’t buy a TRX (or a Bronco for that matter) I’ve already posted it so won’t do it again & you can search. But independent testing of ALL the trucks/SUVs you can think of shows the TRX crumpling like a beer can & bursting into flames on a 30mph impact from a dump truck when a wrangler or a Raptor took it like it was nothing essentially. Straight up facts.

In fact….I showed my neighbor who has one & he’s now trying to trade it on a Raptor….go ahead & do the google machine you’ll find it

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true. I’ve owned both, it’s probably just a perception.

View attachment 421140

Even perception can lead you towards 37pp. Before purchasing my 37pp, I drove back to back to back to back, a 35 and 37 pp. And the 37 felt better/more responsive to me. Both were brand new 2022's.

everestwc

Reaction score
I thought the 37 truck felt really good power wise compared to my goosetuned Gen 2 which I really like. The 2021 37 trucks torque felt strong down low. The 37 difference to me was most apparent when stopping and when looking at the mpg on the dash.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even perception can lead you towards 37pp. Before purchasing my 37pp, I drove back to back to back to back, a 35 and 37 pp. And the 37 felt better/more responsive to me. Both were brand new 2022's.

I drove one didn’t notice it being slower….& it shouldn’t! Why? B/c the tire diameter has less to do w/ dragging acceleration than unsprung weight, & guess what? The 35”s & 37@s weigh within a couple lbs of each other

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter