Talk me off the ledge....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Scottyneutron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're thinking that a $100,000 electric car could "help you on your daily commute" huh?

You talking in terms of using the car pool lane by yourself or fuel costs or both?

If you're considering a Tesla because of that and thinking of walking away from a 2014 Raptor then (1) you haven't spent enough time behind the wheel of a Raptor or (2) you're a green weenie and there's no helping you.

There's no way to justify a Tesla even if you're wanting to do some carpool driving. But there's no way to justify a Raptor...unless you're a man.

So, are you a man or a green weenie who needs to drive a $100k electric car in the carpool lane?

(Seriously, if you need to use the carpool lane that badly you should buy a used Prius or other car that qualifies and hang on to your MAN CARD and get the Raptor).

^^This is exactly the kind of ass-kicking I needed from this group. I feel much better now that I've received a proper attitude adjustment!

Delco.raptor

Reaction score
Yeah bro I sold mine unfortunately. They defiantly like there gas and that's a lot of miles. Ur looking at 2 tanks a week just in work travel

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For ***** and giggles, the wife and I took a test drive of a Tesla Model S a couple of weeks ago. Holy Future Car, Batman, that sucker was a blast to drive and fast as all hell.

So....help me boys. I don't want to turn into a greenie-weenie and really want my Raptor, but that Tesla could sure help on my daily 75 -mile round trip commute.

Yeah, that Tesla S is a HOT CAR!

HT_tesla_fire_jtm_131003_16x9_992.jpg

THIRD Tesla Model S catches fire... this time in the middle of a Tennessee Highway

A Tesla Model S electric car caught fire this week after hitting road debris on a Tennessee freeway, the third fire in a Model S in the past five weeks.
The blaze on Wednesday afternoon near Smyrna, Tenn., engulfed the front of the car. A spokeswoman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol says the Model S ran over a tow hitch, which hit the undercarriage of the car, causing an electrical fire.
It's the second Model S blaze involving road debris. In early October, a driver near Seattle hit debris that pierced a shield and the battery pack, causing a fire. In the other fire, a driver in Mexico crashed into a concrete wall and a tree at a high speed.

article-0-1941BF6C00000578-542_634x465.jpg

article-0-1941B4EC00000578-31_634x724.jpg

Link: THIRD Tesla Model S catches fire... this time in the middle of a Tennessee Highway | Mail Online

Battle Born

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Commute

I had a commute same has yours I left my truck at home and bought an Echo 10 gallon tank got 400 miles no matter the wind or weather love that little car