Talk me off the ledge....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As many posts indicate, it's not about the tyranny of the "or" (Tesla or Raptor), but the genius of the "and" (Raptor and fuel efficient used car).
[concept from Built To Last by Porras and Collins]

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor plus a 91 honda civic is way better than a Tesla. I mean, what if you had to take a road trip that 300 miles away??! You would have to stop and recharge.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My buddy has a Tesla. Range is 200 miles with his battery. Had to stop and recharge in Barstow for an hour before heading out any further...and on to Vegas. If you get east of Cali/Nevada/Az...Tesla charging stations are fewer and fewer.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I wouldn't get the Raptor if I drove 75 miles a day. That is going to get expensive. Get a diesel car of some sort. BMW, Audi, VW and MB all make nice options.

13_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have the Raptor if it was my only vehicle. I do a 58 mile round trip each day and love driving it. Of course my commute is a lot different than the 405 in So Cal (been there done that).

OP
OP
S

Scottyneutron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. My draw to the Raptor or any F-150 is the roominess of the cabin, especially shoulder and leg room. Not feeling claustrophobic in a car is very important to me. I learned that after commuting for a year in my '04 Audi TT. Now I'm in a Chrysler 300C. Not bad, but nowhere near the space as the F-150. Gas mileage on that sucks though as I'm averaging 13. I figured the Raptor can't be much worse, but maybe I'm clueless on that. What I really need is for Ford to slap an 8 speed tranny in their trucks to up the MPGs.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
75 miles on the 405? ****.

I'd trade in my raptor for whatever green sticker HOV ******** car I could get. If the Tesla is within your budget, I'd hop on that shit ASAP.

The girlfriend has a Chevy Volt and I'd be happy driving that if my daily commute included 75 miles on the 405 at any time. I'd be ecstatic to own a Tesla for that commute. Rent a nice car from your local car rental place for long distance trips.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
jump. it will hurt less than missing the opportunity to own the best vehicle ever made by humans. im sure aliens got better shit