So, What did you have to do to get YOUR Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I had to do was promise not to mod the truck. Quite possibly the shortest promise ever.

Haha same thing. Told wife this is all I want. Truck as is, didn't wanna do anything to it! Promise broke quickly and started modding the truck quickly. Damn you frf!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sold my 05 Z71 Silverado with a pro comp lift and dual adjustable shocks.

Attachments

• DSCN0402.jpg
    DSCN0402.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 38

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had my 07 f150 since new, and the idea was the oldest kid who is 12 would drive when he turned 16, so that meant 4 mores years for me. I was tired of it and my son hated it, so I told the wife I wanted something else. I started looking for a diesel for no reason, but it had to be a 7.3, it drove my wife crazy I was going to buy a 11 year old truck for a DD. She put her foot down and told me to buy something new, why not a Raptor. I didn't buy new but I did buy a 2013 with 1,066 miles on it. It ****** me off that she tells me what to do.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did it cost me? Quite possibly more than any other person on the Forum.
First, it was a new house. Then new furniture for the house, Then she wanted a new Avalon, then it was total landscaping for the front and back yard for the new house, with the new furniture, with the new Avalon parked in front.
Finally, the rubber hit the road, and I had to sell my Flex, which I loved because it was such a nice ride, and my perfect 06 f-250 that had been bulletproofed. After all that, we went and bought a Raptor. And least she has the good sense to realize that it is going to be heavily modded. I just got to make sure that I don't break my monthly budget, too much...

Incidentally, since I don't have a problem with the budget because my budget allowed me to cash out all the other stuff she "had" to have along with the truck. My savings are pretty depleted, though.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Long story..... Brother in law takes me on a trail in my 06 1500 2wd Silverado. I almost shit myself. Truck was 5 years old. I said "self, time for a big boy truck since I have a big boy job". Had a wedding COMPLETELY paid off( we are in August and wedding is in October). So I decided to get me a new truck. Told my fiancé to come with me. She cried up a storm about how selfish I was being and blah blah blah we need a house first and have to save for rainy days(all of them VALID reasons but I didn't give a shit, she drove a Bentley). So I go to the dealer and test drive a 2500HD Z71 and fall in love. It's full loaded. Fiancé is being a little baby. Mind you, the monthlies on te new truck were $124 more then the old truck which I could easily afford and it's a better truck. So she refuses to come to the dealership with me. Coincidentally my mom and grandma are down the street at dinner, they text if I wanna join and I ask them to swing by. They see the truck and say "listen, you're not married, don't have kids, and work hard and can afford if. You need a new tuck anyways. Just get it and be happy". I sign the papers, take it home, and sleep on the couch for 3 days all the while I'm being yelled at for being so "immature and financially irresponsible". Because my old truck was almost paid off. Oh well. A month later we break up. I lose my wedding money, and everything I got with our initials on it. $15,000. Yup. But I'm happy in my big ass truck. Lifted it and tricked it out. Fast forward to this June...I'm coming home from a midnight madness softball tournament at 6am. I turn down a side street taking a short cut, my(new)girl is asleep with her hoodie on in the passenger seat. I have a shaved head. I am going slow because I'm practically asleep at the wheel. Well I pass a car with 2 cholos in it. They get out and start screaming and waving their hands trying to flag me down. So I slow down even more and one of them pulls out a gun and unloads a full clip into my truck. At the first gunshot I immediately floored it and started swerving in the street so the bullets would miss. I called 911 and drive straight to a police station a few miles away. A few hours later and some changed underwear(LOL) my girl says "babe I think your truck is marked now, maybe you should trade it in". Good idea. So we went to the Chevy dealer. And the toyota dealer. She has a 2001 terminator Cobra and a GT500. She's a Ford SVT girl. She said " let's go look at Raptors". A few days later I got a Raptor and a few days after that I dumped my GF because she said this truck is too expensive to mod it and that Ford designed it perfectly. Now, I've got a modded truck with a GF who pays for some of my mods and she mods the shit out of her car. In the end, it all works out. I lost $15,000 from a wedding, a $40,000 2500HD, and an overall good woman. But now I've got a Raptor, a new house, and the best woman I've ever been with. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

It was a case of mistaken identity says the cops. I look like a cholo and my girl had a hoodie on. Whatever.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long story..... Brother in law takes me on a trail in my 06 1500 2wd Silverado. I almost shit myself. Truck was 5 years old. I said "self, time for a big boy truck since I have a big boy job". Had a wedding COMPLETELY paid off( we are in August and wedding is in October). So I decided to get me a new truck. Told my fiancé to come with me. She cried up a storm about how selfish I was being and blah blah blah we need a house first and have to save for rainy days(all of them VALID reasons but I didn't give a shit, she drove a Bentley). So I go to the dealer and test drive a 2500HD Z71 and fall in love. It's full loaded. Fiancé is being a little baby. Mind you, the monthlies on te new truck were $124 more then the old truck which I could easily afford and it's a better truck. So she refuses to come to the dealership with me. Coincidentally my mom and grandma are down the street at dinner, they text if I wanna join and I ask them to swing by. They see the truck and say "listen, you're not married, don't have kids, and work hard and can afford if. You need a new tuck anyways. Just get it and be happy". I sign the papers, take it home, and sleep on the couch for 3 days all the while I'm being yelled at for being so "immature and financially irresponsible". Because my old truck was almost paid off. Oh well. A month later we break up. I lose my wedding money, and everything I got with our initials on it. $15,000. Yup. But I'm happy in my big ass truck. Lifted it and tricked it out. Fast forward to this June...I'm coming home from a midnight madness softball tournament at 6am. I turn down a side street taking a short cut, my(new)girl is asleep with her hoodie on in the passenger seat. I have a shaved head. I am going slow because I'm practically asleep at the wheel. Well I pass a car with 2 cholos in it. They get out and start screaming and waving their hands trying to flag me down. So I slow down even more and one of them pulls out a gun and unloads a full clip into my truck. At the first gunshot I immediately floored it and started swerving in the street so the bullets would miss. I called 911 and drive straight to a police station a few miles away. A few hours later and some changed underwear(LOL) my girl says "babe I think your truck is marked now, maybe you should trade it in". Good idea. So we went to the Chevy dealer. And the toyota dealer. She has a 2001 terminator Cobra and a GT500. She's a Ford SVT girl. She said " let's go look at Raptors". A few days later I got a Raptor and a few days after that I dumped my GF because she said this truck is too expensive to mod it and that Ford designed it perfectly. Now, I've got a modded truck with a GF who pays for some of my mods and she mods the shit out of her car. In the end, it all works out. I lost $15,000 from a wedding, a $40,000 2500HD, and an overall good woman. But now I've got a Raptor, a new house, and the best woman I've ever been with. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

It was a case of mistaken identity says the cops. I look like a cholo and my girl had a hoodie on. Whatever.

Ya, i had to look it up..
cholo

A cholo is term implying a Hispanic male that typically dresses in chinos (khahki pants), a wifebeater sleeveless teeshirt or a flannel shirt with only the top buttoned, a hairnet, or with a bandana around the forehead, usually halfway down over the eyes. Cholos often have black ink tattoos, commonly involving Catholic imagery, or calligraphy messages or family names.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya, i had to look it up.. cholo A cholo is term implying a Hispanic male that typically dresses in chinos (khahki pants), a wifebeater sleeveless teeshirt or a flannel shirt with only the top buttoned, a hairnet, or with a bandana around the forehead, usually halfway down over the eyes. Cholos often have black ink tattoos, commonly involving Catholic imagery, or calligraphy messages or family names.

I am a Hispanic male who has tattoos and a shaved head and wear baggy clothing. However, I'm not one of them. I'm a nurse. I work for Kaiser. Easy to confuse me for one though, which is why the cops and myself assumed the real cholos shot at me. And my and my girl are moving to Palm Springs in February. To get away from shit like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ordeal on the first Raptor I bought

Below is my email to the sales manager at the dealership

I took out all the names.

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:40:26 +0000
To:
Subject: Our Problems with this vehicle sale

.ExternalClass p{;}

Here is a brief detail of what has happened so far.

1. 6/30/2009 I ordered a 2010 Raptor and we agreed on a Orange Raptor with graphics, a tow command center, a tail gate step and bed extender. I negotiated $500 reduced price for the bed extender and tailgate step. The vin(1FTFW1EV5AFA03767) given to me then was for a non existent vehicle. I was told that I would receive 20,000.00 for my 2008 F250 trade in.
2. 8/21/2009 you then called me in a panic asking me to come down because the Raptor I ordered was in Baltimore waiting for a signed intent to purchase. I received a new vin(1FTFX1EVAFXA32839)
3. 8/28/2009 I came down to sign the intent to purchase and you gave me the new correct vin number and was told it would be only a few days until my truck came in.
4. 9/3/2009 I Called and asked what was going on with my Raptor. I was told that Ford was holding up the vehicle for an unknown reason.
5. 9/8/2009 I sent an email to my friend the director of South American Product Development for Ford asking if he can help me out. He forwarded my note to the F-150 Consumer Marketing Manager and found out that the vehicle (1FTFX1EVXAFA32839) ordered was not a Raptor but was a Silver XLT with a Chrome Package scheduled for delivery to on 9/24/2009.
6. 9/10/2009 I Found out that the Raptor was never ordered. You, the salesman, and I sat in your office and you promised that you would honor the trade in price and when my Raptor came in you would take care of me some other way too.
7. 9/16/2009 Finally, got my Raptor VIN 1FTEX1EV7AFA52574 as a locked-in status at the plant thanks to a friendat DAP.
8. 11/4/2009 My Raptor came in.
9. 11/5/2009 I came in and sat down with the fiance he said that my down payment was $20,000.00 ($19,000,00 +$1000.00 I put down) and during the signing of the papers I told the finance guy that there was a lien still on the trade vehicle and I had a certified check to give to the dealership, he said it was all taken care of. I assumed that was what you had done to take care of me.
The only person that has called to ask me about my truck was the salesman that you fired and, he called after he was fired.
10. 11/18/2009 You call me and inform me that you are having a problem getting the title cleared.

I didn't ask for you to pay off my lien all I expected was for you to honor what you said. You didn't honor what you said and, as long as this took I could have just waited and ordered a 6.2 but, since I needed a vehicle ASAP so I could go to Tenn and take care of my dad I ordered the 5.4. You said that you would take care of me and you never said a word to me while I was there picking up my truck. You said for me to go ahead and put miles the miles of my F250 trade in you would still honor the trade in price. I didn't go to Tenn because I didn't want to lower the value of the F250 with more miles and cost the dealership more. I guess I shouldn't have worried about the dealership and just drove to Tenn but I don't like to work like that. It was an inconvenience but I managed and everything was ok with my dad. I do not have the $9,172.26 to payoff my lien. I spent $1,400.00 on a new tonneau cover and bed insert to protect the bed. The payoff as of 11/30/2009 is 9172.26 I am willing to give you 7772.26 ($9,172.26 -$1400.00).

I never even mentioned the Ford Racing Certificate, has that been completed and submitted?

Below is the sales managers response. Do ya like the reply all in CAPS!!
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 644 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: Our Problems with this vehicle sale

MR, I WOULD BE GRATEFUL TO GET THE REMAINING OF YOUR PAYOFF ASAP, I DO REMEMBER SAYING I WOULD TAKE CARE OF YOU FOR THE MISS COMMUNICATION THAT HAD HAPPENED, ALTHOUGH TO THINK I COULD ABSORB A $9100.00 PAYOFF IS A LITTLE MORE THAN I THINK ANYONE WOULD EXPECT. I UNDERSTAND THIS DID NOT HAPPEN THE WAY WE LIKE TO HANDLE A NEW TRUCK DELIVERY, BUT THIS IS ALL A MISS UNDERSTANDING, MUCH ON BOTH SIDES . I HAVE SPOKEN TO WHO HANDLED YOUR DELIVERY IN FINANCE AND HE IS ADAMANT IN RECALLING THAT WAS NEVER MENTIONED.
I HAVE ALSO TALKED WITH YOUR SALESMAN AND THE SALES MANAGER THAT HANDLED THE DEAL AND BOTH HAVE SAID THEY CHECKED WITH YOU ON THE PAYOFF AND WERE TOLD THE VEHICLE HAD NO LIEN. PLUS WE RECEIVED A TITLE IN THE DEAL WHICH WAS A LITTLE ODD UNTIL WE FOUND OUT THAT MICHIGAN GIVES TWO TITLES . ITS OBLIVIOUS TO ME THAT LACK OF COMMUNICATION ON OUR PART AND YOURS HAS LED TO THIS MISHAP, WHICH NOW IS NEITHER HERE NOR THERE. I AM GOING TO EXCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS AND BLAME NO ONE BUT MYSELF. IN SAYING THAT I NEED TO GET THE REMAINDER OF YOUR PAYOFF ASAP, THE $7772.26 IS AND WILL BE ACCEPTED AS SOON AS YOU CAN GET IT HERE .
I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR TRUCK AND YOUR HUNTING TRIP. COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL WHEN YOU CAN, MY PERSONAL NUMBER IS . I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHEN WE CAN EXPECT THE $7772.26 AND WOULD LIKE TO SIT DOWN WITH ALL PARTIES AS AN ATTEMPT TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT EXACTLY HAD HAPPEN. THE $1400.00 DOLLARS WILL BE COMING OUT OF MY PAY CHECK. SO I WOULD LIKE TO AT LEAST FIND OUT WERE THINGS WENT COMPLETELY WRONG AND THE ONLY WAY IS TO GET EVERYONE PRESENT. I WOULD BE MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY FOR YOUR GAS FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
THANK YOU, ,GSM

After all this.. I was driving around for 2 weeks with expired plates. My birthday is in Nov and they transfered the expired plates and didnt collect the money for the registration only the transfer. So, the dealer had to pay the 216 reg fee also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc