So How Many of Youse Have Added Laser?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm running a pair of XL-laser on my A-pillar mounts, which I think is ideal for these since it's closest to your line of sight. They do shoot out there a long way. The rest of my lights wash them out though. lol. Here's "the list"

Being a Baja Designs dealer, I'm running all BD:
Front:
(2) LP9 Racer Spots
(2) LP9 Driving combos
(2) XL80 Driving combos
(2) XL-Lasers (A-pillars)
(2) Squadron Pro Driving combos (winch mount)
(2) Squadron Pro Spots (bumper pockets - not shown)
(2) Squadron SAE (bumper pockets - not shown)
(2) S2 Sport wide angle (bumper pockets - not shown)

Rear:
(2) S2 Pro Amber as dust lights (under bumper)
(2) S2 Pro Red for turn/stop (GJ 3rd brake light)
(1) S2 Pro Amber for dust light (GJ 3rd brake light-center)

View attachment 127602

Hey Paul, email me that original file. I wanna modify the photo a bit for you and make it look even more badass (not that it's not badass but I have an idea): [email protected]

Cosmo

Reaction score
Yeah,,trying to take the high road....very rare I get into some keyboard scuffle....and I kinda took the bait...that's on me...:)

No scuffle. Just goofing on your rationale for needing so much lighting for the unlit roads. Off-road lights are not safe for on road use, which is why they aren’t legal. Whether you subscribe to that is up to you. Obviously, you can do whatever you wish. I carry a jar of fireflies for when it gets REALLY dark and my S8, BD XL80s and squadron pros don’t illuminate enough of the mall parking lot. So I have no problem with how much lighting you have. Lol. Just more of a giggle at the unlit road rationale.

Thanks for taking the high road, how’s the lighting working up there ;-)

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No scuffle. Just goofing on your rationale for needing so much lighting for the unlit roads. Off-road lights are not safe for on road use, which is why they aren’t legal. Whether you subscribe to that is up to you. Obviously, you can do whatever you wish. I carry a jar of fireflies for when it gets REALLY dark and my S8, BD XL80s and squadron pros don’t illuminate enough of the mall parking lot. So I have no problem with how much lighting you have. Lol. Just more of a giggle at the unlit road rationale.

A lot of guys have an ass load of lighting they don't fire up and blind other drivers with, so legal doesn't play into it, just good road manners....like taking the high road :)

My truck stays away form the malls, BUT it does spend hundreds of miles off road, and at night....you know...where it is legal to turn on all those lights....

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I hit the trails once maybe twice a year if that. I have enough lights to land a Cessna. However the only lights ever on are my lows + my s2 pros for fogs. That's it. Once in a while I turn my Driving/Combos on to get more light. Eventually i'll wire in the LP9 lows to my high beam trigger (already have the LVJ Motorsports relay system). So yeah... just cause you have a lot of lights doesn't mean you're going down the road with them all on. They serve a purpose when they need to. Otherwise they look purddyyy

Cosmo

Reaction score
A lot of guys have an ass load of lighting they don't fire up and blind other drivers with, so legal doesn't play into it, just good road manners....like taking the high road :)

My truck stays away form the malls, BUT it does spend hundreds of miles off road, and at night....you know...where it is legal to turn on all those lights....

You can make the “it might be illegal but as long as you have manners and are careful” argument if you’d like, but I doesn’t hold water. Legal is legal. If you want to apply that logic with lights, you can apply it with anything. Shoot your guns where ever you’d like as well as long as you’re careful and have manners, right? Come on, brother. Don’t start pretending things are okay to suit an ill founded argument. Off-road lights are for off-road. That’s why they are illegal to use on roads. There is a reason for it.

Like I said, before, if you take your truck off-road at night, get as much lighting as you wish. I have plenty. I like in Arizona, which is essentially Satan’s fevered *******, so I don’t want to go off-roading during the day. I go at night. I have enough lighting for that. If you aren’t going off-road, you don’t NEED more lighting than that which is provided. You can certainly HAVE more, they do look cool, but let’s not pretend that there’s more to it than that.

To be clear, I am not saying you don’t use your lights off-road. I’m stating simply, if you want a ton of lights, and don’t plan to go off-road at night, they are just for show, which is cool, but unnecessary.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Why do you care so much, if all you’re saying is ...the lights are just for show? Which is not what you’ve said in previous posts, but let’s accept the premise for the purpose of inquiry.

Cosmo

Reaction score
Why do you care so much, if all you’re saying is ...the lights are just for show? Which is not what you’ve said in previous posts, but let’s accept the premise for the purpose of inquiry.

I will let you reread things if that’s what you’ve taken from my comments on the matter. I’m really not interested in pursuing it further.