So How Many of Youse Have Added Laser?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cosmo

Reaction score
6a71ae8587c93ece20d47af4c9869815.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I retract some of my previous comments, and add an exception: Some people just need as many lights as possible because they themselves just aren’t that bright.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You can make the “it might be illegal but as long as you have manners and are careful” argument if you’d like, but I doesn’t hold water. Legal is legal. If you want to apply that logic with lights, you can apply it with anything. Shoot your guns where ever you’d like as well as long as you’re careful and have manners, right? Come on, brother. Don’t start pretending things are okay to suit an ill founded argument. Off-road lights are for off-road. That’s why they are illegal to use on roads. There is a reason for it.

Like I said, before, if you take your truck off-road at night, get as much lighting as you wish. I have plenty. I like in Arizona, which is essentially Satan’s fevered *******, so I don’t want to go off-roading during the day. I go at night. I have enough lighting for that. If you aren’t going off-road, you don’t NEED more lighting than that which is provided. You can certainly HAVE more, they do look cool, but let’s not pretend that there’s more to it than that.

To be clear, I am not saying you don’t use your lights off-road. I’m stating simply, if you want a ton of lights, and don’t plan to go off-road at night, they are just for show, which is cool, but unnecessary.

No scuffle. Just goofing on your rationale for needing so much lighting for the unlit roads. Off-road lights are not safe for on road use, which is why they aren’t legal. Whether you subscribe to that is up to you. Obviously, you can do whatever you wish. I carry a jar of fireflies for when it gets REALLY dark and my S8, BD XL80s and squadron pros don’t illuminate enough of the mall parking lot. So I have no problem with how much lighting you have. Lol. Just more of a giggle at the unlit road rationale.

Thanks for taking the high road, how’s the lighting working up there ;-)

I will let you reread things if that’s what you’ve taken from my comments on the matter. I’m really not interested in pursuing it further.

but wait, there’s MORE!

You know, I retract some of my previous comments, and add an exception: Some people just need as many lights as possible because they themselves just aren’t that bright.

So again, why does this concern you so much?

Cosmo

Reaction score
No scuffle. Just goofing on your rationale for needing so much lighting for the unlit roads. Off-road lights are not safe for on road use, which is why they aren’t legal. Whether you subscribe to that is up to you. Obviously, you can do whatever you wish. I carry a jar of fireflies for when it gets REALLY dark and my S8, BD XL80s and squadron pros don’t illuminate enough of the mall parking lot. So I have no problem with how much lighting you have. Lol. Just more of a giggle at the unlit road rationale.

Thanks for taking the high road, how’s the lighting working up there ;-)

but wait, there’s MORE!

So again, why does this concern you so much?

Comments were directed at an initial point I made. The argument was ill founded, and I responded. I gave thorough responses based on fact. If the facts bother you, that’s kind of your problem. I don’t really give a shit what you do. Get a million lights if you’d like. The point was, that there are only two reasons to spend the money 1. You use them off-road and they are warranted, or 2. You just want them as accessories. Obviously what I said bothers you and that’s unfortunate. It’s nothing against you, it’s just what it is. I’m sure you are a nice person.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Comments were directed at an initial point I made. The argument was ill founded, and I responded. I gave thorough responses based on fact. If the facts bother you, that’s kind of your problem. I don’t really give a shit what you do. Get a million lights if you’d like. The point was, that there are only two reasons to spend the money 1. You use them off-road and they are warranted, or 2. You just want them as accessories. Obviously what I said bothers you and that’s unfortunate. It’s nothing against you, it’s just what it is. I’m sure you are a nice person.

I’ve done nothing to you, and only politely disagreed with you, and only in part. The only bother here is you picking an internet fight. First with @Loufish, and you just won’t drop it. It’s others who’ve taken their disagreements with you to more biting commentary, I’m simply asking why this is such a concern for you.

You obviously do give a $hit or you wouldn’t keep responding.

Either way, the point you made about wanting more lights, vs. needing more lights was correct. It’s also correct that none of us on FRF need a Raptor and could get by just fine with a wheezing, Toyota 22r powered, 80’s era 4x4 just fine. We don’t need a .45, a 9mm will do just fine. We don’t need the internet, papyrus worked out pretty well.

it’s a salient point, but lost in the noise.

Cosmo

Reaction score
I’ve done nothing to you, and only politely disagreed with you, and only in part. The only bother here is you picking an internet fight. First with @Loufish, and you just won’t drop it. It’s others who’ve taken their disagreements with you to more biting commentary, I’m simply asking why this is such a concern for you.

You obviously do give a $hit or you wouldn’t keep responding.

Either way, the point you made about wanting more lights, vs. needing more lights was correct. It’s also correct that none of us on FRF need a Raptor and could get by just fine with a wheezing, Toyota 22r powered, 80’s era 4x4 just fine. We don’t need a .45, a 9mm will do just fine. We don’t need the internet, papyrus worked out pretty well.

it’s a salient point, but lost in the noise.

You asked a question at the end of your last post. I responded, and you are saying I won’t drop it? You asked a question. My response was simple. You have to see some hypocrisy there.

Either way, it doesn’t matter. No one tried to pick an internet fight with anyone. Had that been my intention, don’t you think I would have come up with something far more inflammatory that spotlights and jars of fireflies in parking lots? I responded to comments. If that’s not what a forum is for...then...uhhhh...

The only comment I made was about “being bright” and needing lights. And that was because I made statements of fact to which someone submitted a diagram about opinions, which was absurd. That was all.