Should I lemon law my Raptor???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to get the help from this person and get on with it... Your truck is not a test mule!! Do it do it now. Make the call in the morning to the person who said they would help while it is fresh on their mind because politicians forget$$. Let this be someone else's problem...

Yep your right. Fortunately the attorney general is a good friend of the family. I am going to work on this first thing Monday morning and see what transpires. I would hope Ford steps up to the plate and just buys it back before I file the paperwork. They are scratching thier heads too on this one.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck with the lemon law. Here in good ole Alabama you would be hard press to find stealership to sell you a vehicle without you signing an arbitration agreement saying you agree to go to arbitration if you encounter any issues that cannot be re-solved between you, the buyer and the selling dealership. As Scooby mentions above, it will be a long dragged out process.

(off subject- but I really can't blame dealerships for having buyers sign an arbitration agreement, especially in this state were they awarded the Firm & it's client $4M for a screwed up paint job, that's just plain crazy to me. )

I know, that I signed an arbitration agreement when I bought mine. It's something you think; what could go wrong? Good luck OP.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep your right. Fortunately the attorney general is a good friend of the family. I am going to work on this first thing Monday morning and see what transpires. I would hope Ford steps up to the plate and just buys it back before I file the paperwork. They are scratching thier heads too on this one.

Outstanding-----get to work on it first thing. Time is everything esp when the Raptor is on the way out. Get another one asap before build out!

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK here is the latest. I called the Ford rep left a message. Called the service manager left a message. I get a call from the service manager that they have authorized a new dif and new IWE's. They are going to send a whole new axle hub to hub. GREAT NEWS... NOT!!! Then I called again later in the afternoon to make sure the new axle was going to be overnighted. NOW the story is FORD wants them to use chassis ears on ANOTHER NEW F150 to see how that one sounds. The new Raptor SHOULD be at the dealer MAYBE Wednesday. :wtf2:?????? The end of this week my Raptor with 2,000 miles will be at the dealership for over 30 days. I thought it was also weird that the dealer texted me today and asked if I filed the lemon law yet. What the hell does that have anything to do with it???? FIX MY Fn' TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK here is the latest. I called the Ford rep left a message. Called the service manager left a message. I get a call from the service manager that they have authorized a new dif and new IWE's. They are going to send a whole new axle hub to hub. GREAT NEWS... NOT!!! Then I called again later in the afternoon to make sure the new axle was going to be overnighted. NOW the story is FORD wants them to use chassis ears on ANOTHER NEW F150 to see how that one sounds. The new Raptor SHOULD be at the dealer MAYBE Wednesday. :wtf2:?????? The end of this week my Raptor with 2,000 miles will be at the dealership for over 30 days. I thought it was also weird that the dealer texted me today and asked if I filed the lemon law yet. What the hell does that have anything to do with it???? FIX MY Fn' TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

File a lemon law already. Too much headache IMO.

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 vehicles that were lemons and bought back. It's a pain on the a$$ too. I have had one where mercedes stepped up to the plate and just bought it back (1999) and then I had a Cadillac that I had to go through the arbitration and they lost and had to buy it back (2008). That took several months. Ford has already talked to my dealer about just buying the truck back if this next "experiment" doesn't work. Just want a truck if can use in 4X4.