Should I lemon law my Raptor???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the service manager called yesterday. 3 transfer cases, 1 set of axles, drained the front dif and it was ok, new IWE on passenger side and it STILL makes the popping noise. He said Ford has no clue on what to do next. I keep telling these guys to put in new IWE's ON BOTH sides, new hoses and wiring harness, BUT NO THATS NOT WHAT FORD WANTS TO DO. I told him from the beginning that I DID NOT FEEL THE BANG FROM THE TRANSFER CASE OR THE DIF. IT IS AT THE CORNERS WHERE THE WHEELS ARE. The problem is the air lines or wiring harness. It is in 4wd then pops out into 2wd then VIOLENTLY goes back into 4WD. I asked if they did a leak down test on the air lines and no one knows. WHAT A JOKE…. 24 days in the shop and counting….

I guess lemon law is the only thing now.

Did they at least give you a loaner vehicle?

They scratched all of my rims on my 2012 and offered me a rental vehicle while they refinished the rims!

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they at least give you a loaner vehicle?

They scratched all of my rims on my 2012 and offered me a rental vehicle while they refinished the rims!

Yes they did give me a rental.

NOW I got a call Thursday that since they can not replicate the problem come pick it up. I said ok did you take the front passenger wheel off and look at the IWE? The dealer said ford would not authorize it. WTF????

I have videos and witnesses. Going to take a bunch of videos today with the go pro and then file MD lemon law.

I WAS going to get another Raptor or Super Duty, but this has left me with a VERY BAD taste in my mouth about FORD and how they treat their customers. I have done a MD lemon law back in 2008 and got 100% of my money back 8 months later with 8,000 miles on the caddy. No mileage deduction, nothing. This will be the same.

Reaction score
I may have missed it ealier in this thread but have you taken the truck to another dealership? It sounds to me like you're dealing with a group if people that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Reaction score
Same dealer because ford already has the case opened with them. Can't change to a different dealer.

Damn that sucks. I hope everything gets squared away, one way or the other.

I don't know how you're doing it as I have pretty much zero tolerance for this kind of stuff. I wish you the best of luck Sir! I'll be following this thread for your resolution.

D

Deleted member 12951

Resolution is he will probably never buy a Ford again. I am the same way towards GM. Back in 1986 I had a new camaro with problems and GM could care less. I haven't bought any GM since and I hope to hell that they eventually go out of business. Yeah I hate them just as much 30 years later.

How can they not replicate the issue, it just suddenly started working?

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was me, I would just pay someone to fix it. It isn't worth the indigestion to fight it, and I think I would lose too much money on Lemon lawing it to make it worthwhile. At that point I would work on getting Ford to pay for it, along with associated expenses. I mean, what would it cost out of pocket? A grand? Not worth the venom and heartache, in my opinion.