Should I lemon law my Raptor???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Raptor with the roush package I purchased on January 25, 2014. It has the dreaded popping noise from the front end in 4X4. It has been to the dealership twice and a total of 20 days and counting. I even gave the dealer the VIN from another fellow board member that had the SAME problem and IT WAS FINALLY FIXED CORRECTLY. At first FORD said that big ass popping noise is normal (YES I have it in writing), then on the 2nd try the dealer already replaced the transfer case and now it is in a holding pattern from Ford for over a week now "waiting on a response from the tech line". The truck only has 2,000 miles on it and has been in the shop almost 3 weeks now. This is uncalled for on a $70,000 truck. At first the dealer would call me every day and give me a update. NOW I call them several times a day and no one calls me back for days. WTF???

THANKS!!!

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would if I could. If I spent $70K on a truck, I'd want it done right.

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CORRECT!!!!

Maryland lemon law states " If you suspect your car is a lemon -- for example, if the dealer has tried once or twice unsuccessfully to repair the problem and you believe the problem substantially impairs the use and market value of the vehicle -- you should write to the manufacturer immediately. You do not need to wait until the dealer has made the four repair attempts, or until the car has been out of service for 30 days."

HELLO this is a FN RAPTOR made to go off road. CAN'T do that when the whole front end feels like it is going to drop off the frame in 4 wheel drive. I took the service manager out for a drive and he almost S*%T his pants when it started banging and popping. He said "OH HELL NO THIS IS NOT NORMAL".

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully Ford will step up and take care of you. I know it can be very frustrating. There a couple of Ford reps on this board that may be willing to look into this for you. It's a new truck, it should be fixed right.

Good luck!

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Find out who your regional service rep is and start there. I would also start an email campaign with SVT. Google will find plenty of SVT folks' names and you should be able to figure out Ford's email address format also with a little googling.

I'm close enough to Detroit and crazy enough that I would drive to their offices, wait outside and follow them to lunch in 4x4 with it popping and ask hey guys WTF?!?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife had a Pontiac solstice that went into the shop 4 times to repair the rear end in the first 18 months. I contacted a lemon law lawyer & 1 month later the car was returned to the dealer, I received all of my money from the purchase & the loan was paid off. Even though the fix should have been simple, they refused to do it until I dropped the vehicle off for the last time.
THEN they wanted to make it right.

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm calling the service manger first thing and tell him I want some answers ASAP or I'm filing the lemon law suit tomorrow. I LOVE my truck just want the damn thing fixed.

Squeaky wheel here we come...

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe for lemon law you need to document your account in writing for each time it has been to the dealer for the same problem.

Where have you off-roaded your truck at? What kind of terrain was it?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com