Should I lemon law my Raptor???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like iwe's all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been saying this since day one. 2 times in shop and 30 days later Ford said the sound is normal...LOL. This is a common problem. I can guarantee this 4wd system will NOT be on the new f150.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you use your raptor at the construction site every day? The IWEs are weak and will skip /slip under heavy load. Add in the Roush kit and you've overloaded the system. It's easy to do.

If it is four wheel drive you need to rely on for every day use, the Ford raptor is not the right truck. You need something that has better engagement upfront.

I've had the same issue. The dealer cannot diagnose the problem unless the IWE is really bad. It's the load on the four wheel drive that causes it to slip. Now that yours is broke They will fix it. But most likely you will break it again.

Good luck.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you use your raptor at the construction site every day? The IWEs are weak and will skip /slip under heavy load. Add in the Roush kit and you've overloaded the system. It's easy to do.

If it is four wheel drive you need to rely on for every day use, the Ford raptor is not the right truck. You need something that has better engagement upfront.

I've had the same issue. The dealer cannot diagnose the problem unless the IWE is really bad. It's the load on the four wheel drive that causes it to slip. Now that yours is broke They will fix it. But most likely you will break it again.

Good luck.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Not everyday. Yesterday we were on a emergency job working on a dam that was getting ready to break. I had to use my raptor to get a piece of equipment closer to the dam because our f450's/f550's are big utility body trucks and couldn't fit back there. The IWE's and the 4wd system never worked right since day 1. My truck was stock for about a month BEFORE the dealer installed the Roush phase 1 kit. They are a Roush dealer and that's why I have all the warranties abd phase 1 still keeps the ford warranties. I find it odd that ford replaced 3 transfer cases, axles, IWE's and the ford engineer said it's not supposed to make that noise, but after the dealer having almost 30 days the second time Ford NOT the dealer said it's supposed to sound like that...

Reaction score
It's supposed to sound like that just like it was "normal" for my 6.0 Powerjoke to boil coolant out of the reservoir from Day 1.

OP, as someone who has been down this road before, just with a different truck/motor combination; you need to act now to save your truck. It is obvious that your current dealer has no clue what they are doing. The number one killer of vehicles are incompetent service writers and managers at dealerships in my opinion.

If you want to keep the truck I'd start calling around to other dealerships in your area. Explain the situation and what your expectations are. Print off materials from forums and what not and tell them what has fixed other peoples problems. Chances are, you will find a component dealership that has seen this before and will know what to do to correct it.

It sucks to do this on a new truck but sadly at the end of the day, the only one who is going to ensure your truck is fixed properly will be you. Don't follow my path and be strung along by a parts changing service department that only seeks to get you through your warranty by masking symptoms and ignoring the actual problem causing the issues.

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took her in today and the service manager and my ford customer service regional rep agreed that we should proceed with a ford voluntary buy back. I will know by Friday...

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I took her in today and the service manager and my ford customer service regional rep agreed that we should proceed with a ford voluntary buy back. I will know by Friday...

Thanks for the update, srt10viper. If I can be of any additional assistance, just let me know. :)

Crystal

D

Deleted member 12951

How does a buy back work? Do they give you what you paid and all fees. Then do you have to wait 4 months for another one and pay the same price so there is no out of pocket expenses? Do you get a loaner?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc