Shipping from out of State

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
surfnsocal

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Dealer was able to find another carrier for $1,100. I'm considering flying since I can get to Iowa for under $300. It's about 2,000 miles back to CA which should be ~110-120 gallons of gas. That puts it gas expense at less than $350.

So it looks like driving would be cheaper!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat - live in LA and bought out of state. My dealer has been great so far, truck will hopefully land beginning of November... for whatever reason, my dealer refuses to do the drop shipping. So it's either drive it home 1500 miles or ship it. I'm inclined to ship it so save the rock chips :)

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found uship.com actually. Quotes are well below what the dealer in Iowa was quoted. However, after looking at reviews on Yelp for some of these companies I'm really nervous!

True, the companies can be questionable...so maybe not uship.com

I'd go with flying and driving back. It's about the same distance I just did going from Florida to Wisconsin for an airshow, in 27 hours straight. It was the easiest long distance trip I ever did, the Raptor is just so nice to drive. (But I had to drive both ways).

Last edited:

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Dealer was able to find another carrier for $1,100. I'm considering flying since I can get to Iowa for under $300. It's about 2,000 miles back to CA which should be ~110-120 gallons of gas. That puts it gas expense at less than $350.

Plus hotels, plus food, plus some sort of value placed on your time...

Don’t get me wrong, I’d totally make the drive. I bought mine in TX and drove it back to SoCal, and I’d do it all over again. All I’m just saying is that I wouldn’t do it for financial reasons. I did it for the adventure and the sight seeing, not to save money - since I wasn’t going to save much, if any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carholic

Reaction score

How are you going to register it in Cali? Does it have Cali emissions? I hear that might be a problem.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plus hotels, plus food, plus some sort of value placed on your time...

Don’t get me wrong, I’d totally make the drive. I bought mine in TX and drove it back to SoCal, and I’d do it all over again. All I’m just saying is that I wouldn’t do it for financial reasons. I did it for the adventure and the sight seeing, not to save money - since I wasn’t going to save much, if any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus side is it knocks out the break-in period in 24 hours.