Recurring Suspension Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, add another to the list. 23, 37, 11k (stock), suspension squeak from the front right. Like others, I can bounce on the passenger running board and easily replicate.

@FordTechOne - is this issue at all documented or is it at the dealers' discretion? Hoping to avoid a multi-trip troubleshooting process if possible.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, add another to the list. 23, 37, 11k (stock), suspension squeak from the front right. Like others, I can bounce on the passenger running board and easily replicate.

@FordTechOne - is this issue at all documented or is it at the dealers' discretion? Hoping to avoid a multi-trip troubleshooting process if possible.

No service messages for a squeak. It will need to be diagnosed per the normal process by the dealer.

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My local dealer looked into this today. Initially, they told me they were ordering a new shock. Then they came back and said after talking to parts, that the squeak would also be there with new shocks so they lubricated the bump stop and the noise went away. Then they said they can't replace a shock that isn't broken. I asked to have the service manager call me, and he was less than willing to discuss it. So I guess I'll see how much lube they slopped on the bump stop and take it to a different dealer when the squeak returns.

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two days after my dealer appointment and the noise returned, though not as loud, due to the remaining grease. But to be back in less than 48 hours with very minimal driving was not good. Went back to the dealer and spoke to the assistant service manager who got the tech to drive around with me and observe the sound. Tech was prepared to order a new shock then the manager stepped in and said the tech had to call the "hotline" or something like that. So now I'm waiting on the "hotline" to advise on next steps.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just going to live with my squeak until someone finally releases a set of application specific coilovers for these Gen 3s. I would have a set of Kings, Icons or Foxs, but nobody seems to want to prioritize the Gen 3. I suppose because they figure the OEM shocks are so good that any performance gains would be negligible, but some people may just want the adjustability instead of Jerry rigging lifts with spacers or eibachs that all cause crappy ride quality and performance decreases.

mobob

Reaction score
Add another one to the list. Had right front replaced yesterday at 8300 mi. We will see how long it stays quite.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
My 2022 37 (June Build date) is starting to squeak over speed bumps and such. Not badly but it is annoying. At some point this will need be addressed. Lube did take it away for a couple days, but it did come back.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the squeaky club. Been a couple of months like this, not too optimistic about the dealership doing anything to take it in for just that. I too have been holding out for a gen3 specific race series shock from Fox but there hasn’t even been rumors of that being released anytime soon.

Are we sure the squeak isn’t coming from the trailing arm pivot bushings? Been meaning to spray a little ptfe dry lube on them to see if it helps.