Recurring Suspension Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverworx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you purchase your Raptor from this dealer? Absolutely ridiculous. It's just the shock that needs to be replaced, not the entire strut.
My neighbor is dealing the squeak again after a month the dealer lubed it. He's getting new nittos and moto metal wheels and the dealer recommended the the entire strut replacement.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this on the driver side. Is this a squeak that you guys have been talking about? At first I thought everywhere I went There were a lot of birds.

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
Sounds like it. Just park it and bounce that side up and down. You can put your finger on the seal while someone moves it up and down. You should feel it on the seal.

Dubbs88

Reaction score
Anyone else’s dealer having issues/delays with ordering parts for this issue? My order was submitted back in September and still no ETA.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just heard from my dealer about it and they said that it’s because I used the eibach springs to level it.

I called comal truck who does a lot of the stuff for the raptor runs in Baja and they said they’ve never heard of this before.

Has anyone else heard of this type of correlation between eibach springs, causing the squeaks.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just heard from my dealer about it and they said that it’s because I used the eibach springs to level it.

I called comal truck who does a lot of the stuff for the raptor runs in Baja and they said they’ve never heard of this before.

Has anyone else heard of this type of correlation between eibach springs, causing the squeaks.
It’s entirely possible, you can’t accurately diagnose a concern when there are aftermarket components/modifications involved. There are too many variables (aftermarket spring, increased ride height, workmanship, torque specs and procedures, etc). If the dealer replaces the shock and it’s not fixed, they’re in the hook for the parts and labor, and the customer concern remains unresolved.

pdxduck21

Reaction score
Anyone else’s dealer having issues/delays with ordering parts for this issue? My order was submitted back in September and still no ETA.
I am in the exact situation - been on back order for 5 months - it is complete BS, they said part of the issue is its warranty work and how Ford treats the order request.

Gen3Rappy

Reaction score
Just noticed this on the driver side. Is this a squeak that you guys have been talking about? At first I thought everywhere I went There were a lot of birds.

I have had this same exact issues since my 2022 raptor 37pp!! Dealer replaced front passenger shock and it fixed it. I got now a 2023 37pp and it had this same issue from the moment I drove it home, they replaced it already once, and just this morning it started again! SUPER FRUSTRATING

Dubbs88

Reaction score
I am in the exact situation - been on back order for 5 months - it is complete BS, they said part of the issue is its warranty work and how Ford treats the order request.
I called Ford HQ and got some traction. The rep was extremely helpful. She found out the part was no longer back ordered and worked with my dealer for the order. My truck is in the shop as I type getting new shock installed. Fingers crossed it fixes the issue.