Ravelco vs. Kill Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the unit be mounted on a bracket of some sort so as to not have to drill hole in dash ?
I have it installed on my Gen 3, I had it installed the day I took delivery of the truck. There is no drilling the dash as you asked. It is mounted on a bracket just under the steering wheel. Very clean install.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had Ravelco installed in my GEN2 and noticed if you try to start it with the plug removed that if you ever scan the truck for codes, it will have a few about not able to start that you can clear. It does not leave a check engine light. They gave me two plugs but I was worried if for some strange reason I lost it that I would be stuck. So I took a multimeter to the plug to figure out the combination that completes the circuits and wrote it down with the pins. Took a picture of it and have it on my phone so I could start my truck with some paperclips or wires. There is a youtube video that shows someone doing it in Russia and showing that it can be defeated. But you really need to know the combination to do this and the plugs are not all the same.

I had the option to mount on a bracket but didn’t like how it looked. If the plug comes out while driving, it will immediately kill the engine. My biggest fear when off-roading but everyone I have spoken with said it stays put.

Attachments

• DBA50F1A-9065-4546-808E-59ADC0B79AAE.jpeg
    DBA50F1A-9065-4546-808E-59ADC0B79AAE.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 29

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just put the 2nd chip on the keyring on all 6 vehicles I've had Ravelco on. I do wish it wasn't a color that's easy to miss (gray), but still think it's a smart investment.