Ravelco vs. Kill Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Ravelco. Installer said mine was his first 2021 and he didn't have to drill any holes. He fabricated a bracket to hold it under the dash.
Yea that’s what I want for sure. I guess it’s not a big deal to leave it in so the remote start works in safe areas like locked on my property or similar but when I go to public places that’s when I really wanted it.

petlh

Reaction score
Ravelco for both my '14 RR and '21 Landcruiser. I can replace the broken window(s) from the failed theft attempt with ins. but not the vehicles as they don't (and won't) make em anymore. Both with under dash bracket location.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that’s what I want for sure. I guess it’s not a big deal to leave it in so the remote start works in safe areas like locked on my property or similar but when I go to public places that’s when I really wanted it.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Only take the revelco key out when she’s parked out in public or something. I’d think the #1 place for theft is driveways maybe? My Rap is garaged 100% of the time fortunately

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first Ravelco install was under $300, when I bought a new 2001 Tacoma. Since then, I've had them installed in a '05 Tundra, a '96 Bronco, a '98 K3500, my 2012 Ecoboost SCREW and now my 2011 Raptor SCREW, which was around $650 in April. Compared to all the $1000's in various mods to all those trucks, it was a worthwhile investment. Ravelco claims they've never been beat; nobody has proven they can get around it while it's parked. Using a Flatbed or at gunpoint doesn't count.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hornady critical duty.....
The creative option is go out and buy the biggest dog dish, biggest chain, and biggest soup bone and leave them next to your Raptor. Or, if you're forced to park outside at home consider a sign on your fence warning about your Bee Colonies and hide a cheap battery operated buzzer nearby. NOBODY wants to mess with pi$$ed off bees.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The creative option is go out and buy the biggest dog dish, biggest chain, and biggest soup bone and leave them next to your Raptor. Or, if you're forced to park outside at home consider a sign on your fence warning about your Bee Colonies and hide a cheap battery operated buzzer nearby. NOBODY wants to mess with pi$$ed off bees.
That is a really good idea

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the Ravelco on my 2019 and decided to go through the dash. Debated on wether to hide below using the optional bracket but in the end I wanted to reach it easily and ultimately will never uninstall the Ravelco so not concerned about the hole in the dash. It has given me that peaceful easy feeling.

Attachments

• 0BEA5A61-2ECA-4678-99DA-A057B15D21ED.jpeg
    0BEA5A61-2ECA-4678-99DA-A057B15D21ED.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 33F7D19B-ED22-4F4B-8DCB-BC603ACA46CA.jpeg
    33F7D19B-ED22-4F4B-8DCB-BC603ACA46CA.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 90