Raptor vs Prerunner Ranger vs Tundra+mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikelivingstrong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am normally with everyone else when it comes to saying drag racing a Raptor is just stupid BUT I did drag race mine the other day for the first time. I have a friend that has a Dodge Rumble Bee that he has done a good bit to( intake full exhaust port and polish heads light rims with race tires ETC) He was always talking about how fast his truck is and how it could just beat the **** out of mine. I tried to explain how the Raptor was not built for drag races but he just kept on. I just put a 5 Star intake and tune on the truck which made the thing fly like a bat out of hell. well last week while leaving work we got stopped at a red light side by side. I figured what the hell atlest if i raced him he might shut up. the light turned green and we nailed it! I stopped at 85 mph and we were just about neck and neck! The Raptor astonished me! My big ass SCREW kept up with his single cab light "race" truck! So no This truck is not a drag truck and isnt all that fast but it will hold its own!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am normally with everyone else when it comes to saying drag racing a Raptor is just stupid BUT I did drag race mine the other day for the first time. I have a friend that has a Dodge Rumble Bee that he has done a good bit to( intake full exhaust port and polish heads light rims with race tires ETC) He was always talking about how fast his truck is and how it could just beat the **** out of mine. I tried to explain how the Raptor was not built for drag races but he just kept on. I just put a 5 Star intake and tune on the truck which made the thing fly like a bat out of hell. well last week while leaving work we got stopped at a red light side by side. I figured what the hell atlest if i raced him he might shut up. the light turned green and we nailed it! I stopped at 85 mph and we were just about neck and neck! The Raptor astonished me! My big ass SCREW kept up with his single cab light "race" truck! So no This truck is not a drag truck and isnt all that fast but it will hold its own!

the tune def helps as well as the CAI. i cant believe how ****** the stock tune is. especially the tranny shifting

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will not void your warranty to do a 5 star intake and tuner mod?

Thanks,