Raptor vs Prerunner Ranger vs Tundra+mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hookup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After our highschool football game win we had a tailgate in the raptor. There was a good amount of people and we were still in the rival parking lot just listening to music drinkin sodas and throwing the football around. The kids from the rival school came by in trucks fast and were cussing at us but we didnt care. Well as I was going back home with my friend we ran into a couple. Round 1 Raptor vs Prerunner: Made a left hand turn when the ranger came by me screaming race so I opened her up and absolutely trashed on them. Round 2 Raptor vs Tundra: Big straight 2 lane road was driving passed a tundra lifted and wheels and I heard him open up he obviously got a head start so he was in front damn that thing was fast(or faster than I expected) anyways i started catching up and I got up to about 3 feet away until it turned into a long 1 lane road with turns all the way into sherwood about 30 minutes. Chased him all the way down on his ass and than it turned into a 2 lane when I got in to other lane and started to come up to pass him before it went back into one lane and he cut me off just before I could pass him. Oh well, I didnt get to hand him one but I kept catching up to him and was on his ass so I guess I was the faster one. Found out it was a friend I knew and so was the ranger! Both went to the rival school but were good friends. Anyways since I dont want you to read a boring post sometime this weekend we were going to have a series of 3 way drag races from a dig, 20mph roll, 40mph roll, and 60mph roll and all of that is gunna go on my new go pro for you all to see. Also I am looking at a 5 star tune and intake. But dont know which intake to go for. So far my research k&n doesnt gain too much hennessy gets 11hp gain airaid gets 12hp and afe gets 18hp.

Last edited:

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tundra's are typically 'faster' because they are so much lighter, same goes for the Titan.

It's the same logic fail the ecoboost nutswingers suffer from. They have less hp but end up being a tad faster because they are lighter. You'll never convince them though, the ecoboost was hand formed from a solid block of testosterone by Jesus himself, just ask an egoboost owner.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tundra's are typically 'faster' because they are so much lighter, same goes for the Titan.

It's the same logic fail the ecoboost nutswingers suffer from. They have less hp but end up being a tad faster because they are lighter. You'll never convince them though, the ecoboost was hand formed from a solid block of testosterone by Jesus himself, just ask an egoboost owner.

Exactly. Lift an ecoboost up and put on some heavy tires and they aren't nearly as fuel efficient or quick

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
They aren't that fuel efficient as it is. In a stock drag, the tundra will win every time to the 6.2. Even the huge double cab only weighs 5300lbs. Take it to a dirt road though and nothing stands a chance compared to the raptor.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Tow/haul makes the torque converter kick in way sooner and stay hooked longer. I dyno'd my 5.4 tow/haul on vs off and a HUGE difference in power. Numbers don't lie