Raptor vs Prerunner Ranger vs Tundra+mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad company

Reaction score
The Toyota Camry with the larger engine will thrash a 6.2 Raptor from 0 to 60MPH.

Raptors are awesome, but not becasue of their mid 8 second time from 0-60. Drag racing a Raptor on the road is like mud bogging a Mucielago. You aren't playing to the vehicle's strengths. In fact, the 2012 Jeep Wrangler with the Pentastar is almost 2 seconds faster to 60 MPH, so don't mess with those either.

Raptors are differentiated performance wise against other vehicles typically by:
- Suspension travel
- variable rate shocks
- ground clearance
- tire size (re contact patch and ground pressure)
- rear locker
- traction control/stability control optimized for off roading

If you do beat another vehicle in a drag race, you are just proving that you are the tallest midget at the special school.

Take 'em down off road, where you are king.

:peace:

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
The Toyota Camry with the larger engine will thrash a 6.2 Raptor from 0 to 60MPH.

Raptors are awesome, but not becasue of their mid 8 second time from 0-60. Drag racing a Raptor on the road is like mud bogging a Mucielago. You aren't playing to the vehicle's strengths. In fact, the 2012 Jeep Wrangler with the Pentastar is almost 2 seconds faster to 60 MPH, so don't mess with those either.

Raptors are differentiated performance wise against other vehicles typically by:
- Suspension travel
- variable rate shocks
- ground clearance
- tire size (re contact patch and ground pressure)
- rear locker
- traction control/stability control optimized for off roading

If you do beat another vehicle in a drag race, you are just proving that you are the tallest midget at the special school.

Take 'em down off road, where you are king.

:peace:

Think most mags have been seeing mid-6's 0-60 for a stock Raptor. Agree on the Camry bit though, 10 years ago that was fast, today most uplevel sporty vehicles can do the same. A 3000lb car only needs 200hp to run a Raptor....and there are a ton of 3500lb cars out now with 300hp engines, including family sedans.

The fact that a Raptor has a damn lazy stock shift schedule doesn't help anything in its impromptu-race ability.

OP
OP
Hookup

Hookup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who are you and what have you done with the real DEADEYE ?!?

Haha funny stuff right there. But im not an agressive driver until one truck tries to one up me. After all i am a kid i do stupid things.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
street racing in 6k+lb trucks == bad idea.

Trust me i know, been there done that, saw the helo take a buddy off to get patched up.

Stick to off roading, do a mud run, or crawling session. If you want to race, spend coin on a ligher high hp car and keep it on a track. Dont end up a statistic, that is no fun.

Banned
Reaction score
Whenever I'm stopped at a light and some guy pulls up beside me, I just gotta get to the posted limit faster than him.

Hotrod mini van driver right here folks.

-Sent from my iPhone

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man if I had a vehicle like that in highschool I don't think I would have went to college or found a career.....what would be the point. I am an engineer and still had to save for over a year to afford my raptor, and it didn't come without sacrifice. Kinda crazy that there are highschool kids running around in these things.

Good luck man. Street racing is a risky buisness, and with a big truck its even more dangerous.