Raptor R price guessing game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that same article as well and the 55mpg achievement needed for 2023-2026 I think. This biden plan does not shock me as we all kind of expected his obamanomics to come in to play since that is all he knows. The 2024 election will not solve this, but with it most likely reverting back to republican normalcy, I wonder what efforts can be made at that time to stop this. We know ford follows obamanomics, so I think in 2025, they will be in another precarious position since they will have the wrong thing for the market. Just a prediction.
Now, what becomes of how hybrid vehicles and E-vehicles are calculated for aaffecting the environment? That is a huge can of worms because it has been said that electricity generation is far dirtier than ICE. Maybe it gets back to a common tool for comparison such as "Carbon Footprint"? I wonder if things were put in those terms, the climate change tree huggers would then have some type of understanding? I would love to be able to make a vehicle purchase decision based on carbon footprint, cradle to grave type of information so that I know my ****** car is not adding to the death of the planet.

ChaseU

Reaction score
Just popped into one of two Ford Performance stores in my area (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada). Told the salesman if my intentions to buy an R. The conversation was, as to be expected, ridiculous:

“I’ll be looking to get into an R once they arrive”
Salesman: “be prepared for a 2 or 3 year wait”
“Why is that?”
Salesman: “well we’re only getting two and they’re spoken for”
“Ummm. You know your allotment already? Odd seeing how Ford has been tight lipped to confirm anything.”
Salesman: “well, uh, that’s what they initially told us. Then they took that back. We’re the biggest “SVT” dealer so we get more info”
“Oh wow. Gotcha.”

2021 Raptors here with the 37 Package sticker at about $112 Canadian and right now our dealerships are asking $131. I would venture a guess that the sticker on an R here will be $140.

Last edited:

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this just made the currently vaporware Raptor R at least 50% likely to be scrubbed.
https://wtop.com/business-finance/2...el-economy-standards-to-fight-climate-change/

TLDR: fuels standards being upped to an average of 40mpg.

I’m not endorsing or opposing the rule here, just reporting it. I think it likely why the supercharged Dodges are going away and this makes it very, very, very inconvenient for Ford to follow through on a tier one, limited production, road going super-truck. Sure, it should be a MY22, before the rule takes effect, but this is going to require the manufacturers to go to a much more stringent ‘budget’ on gas guzzlers. By ‘gas guzzlers’ I mean ICE powered, not trying to say anything about efficiency here.

Trucks are exempt from gas guzzler tax as of right now. I believe the "R" model will be limited in numbers to at or less than 20% of the total number of GT500's they can produce (based on engine, not carbon wheels) and it may be lower due to component supply. So 800-1250 units a year for two years regardless of mid cycle refresh. Price will start at $84,795 with a $1795 destination fee would be my guess (speculation of course)

On the EPA requirements its across the entire lineup as an average. I believe the number is 6000lbs GVWR for a truck not to be included in this figure or it could be 9,999 GVWR or over.