Local Dealer (MH) Markup raptor r and raptor 37 insane Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dunno I imagine the Raptor-R will be better built, I also imagine the power figures could be sandbagged a bit as well

That being said? An X5M comp is right around the same MSRP, down bout 100hp/100tq, can’t tow anything (don’t even think it has a 2k lb rating), has no bed, has a harsher ride inroad & basically can’t go offroad…..I suppose it has a better interior, but not by that much. Realistically- that’s in the wheelhouse of what a Raptor-R competes with
At the end of the day, a man’s gotta have a bed!

lwrock3422

Reaction score
Been saying this all along. No normal person is ever going to sniff at owning a Raptor R. It is a unicorn and like the ford GT unless you have millions in your account. You won’t get one. Period.

It is being built as marketing for ford only. They have no intentions putting it into service so normal people can buy one.

All you people in this board who say or think you are buying one are just punishing yourselves. Just let it go.

azwldcat13

Reaction score
well I just had a chat with a rather large Ford dealer in the PHX area and they will gladly place your order for $2k down and a $30k markup.

ChaseU

Reaction score
The Raptor R will be as rare as a hens tooth. I’m sure production numbers will be extremely low because of CAFE numbers. The 5.2L V8 fuel economy numbers are going to be poor.

I’ve never understood all the CAFE fear mongering that goes on here. Stelantis has been shoving the 6.4 Apache and 6.2 Hellcat in any model they can, many at high volume, and they don’t seem concerned with CAFE numbers. Ford has two low volume models with the 5.2 Predator and they’re going to be concerned? Am I missing something? I’m admittedly poorly informed on the matter.

wowanothertruck

Reaction score
What's stopping the GM and Sales Managers/Sales team from ordering Raptor R's? These dealer "allocations" may easily just be taken up by their own employees. Honestly, I can't blame them. Ford needs to wake up and go directly through consumers like Tesla does.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never understood all the CAFE fear mongering that goes on here. Stelantis has been shoving the 6.4 Apache and 6.2 Hellcat in any model they can, many at high volume, and they don’t seem concerned with CAFE numbers. Ford has two low volume models with the 5.2 Predator and they’re going to be concerned? Am I missing something? I’m admittedly poorly informed on the matter.
Stellantis buys Tesla EPA credits. They've bought almost $2.5B in emissions credits from Tesla over the last few years. With the release of all their EV's slated for next year, they won't need to buy them anymore and will supposedly keep the hellcat in the TRX until 2024 with the motor phasing out elsewhere.

Ford Truck 64

Reaction score
Many of you have no clue how allocation works. When that dealer told the customer that he had allocation for 2 Rs he was probably being truthful.
Dealers already know how many they are getting in "wave 1"
99 percent of the dealers will get 1 in wave 1. However the small dealerships will not get any allocated to them.
Myself I run a big dealership and we have 1 allocated so far.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There in lies the rub….. let consumers order something they don’t have and then get strung along……

Trust me. With this market, everything is coming to a head. This cannot be sustained indefinitely. With interest rates going up housing has slowed way down yet materials haven’t. All of it will come either crashing down, or down in general. This will spread across every business.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me. With this market, everything is coming to a head. This cannot be sustained indefinitely. With interest rates going up housing has slowed way down yet materials haven’t. All of it will come either crashing down, or down in general. This will spread across every business.
Lumber down 50% this year…. Their day is coming.