Local Dealer (MH) Markup raptor r and raptor 37 insane Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mach 1 doesn’t come with an S/C V8, so it sounds like your friend will be waiting indefinitely. Parts shortages are an industry wide issue right now, all manufacturers have been negatively impacted by it.
There in lies the rub….. let consumers order something they don’t have and then get strung along……

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers know this low supply, high demand situation won’t last. Many have taken this opportunity to gouge clients because they are greedy. They have many high demand vehicles such as the Raptor, Bronco, GT 500, etc. and are sitting in the drivers seat right now.

The Raptor R will be as rare as a hens tooth. I’m sure production numbers will be extremely low because of CAFE numbers. The 5.2L V8 fuel economy numbers are going to be poor.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers know this low supply, high demand situation won’t last. Many have taken this opportunity to gouge clients because they are greedy.

WSJ reported last weekend that used cars sales were slowing based on consumers tired of inflated prices and are putting their money on the bench….. fast forward to today and my guy sent and email stating “order any vehicle you want, any color and not a dime over invoice”. Another dealer down the road purchased 100+ vehicles from Canada or with bad car fax reports and is now sitting on all that inventory (gonna lose his arse).

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sales manager told me had 2 allocations of raptor R coming. He’s buying one and his neighbor getting the other one (nuts). He say the mark up will be $50k over MSRP. I told him I was 5 on list at another dealership for the R and he just laughed saying I’ll never get it. he has a atlas blue raptor 37 package loaded for $20k over and any others raptors coming same $20k markup. He will not negotiate lower price And Offered 1k less.(laughable). Told him I would write a check for total price. would not budge and gave me the story won’t make them after next year. Overall bad experience and never met someone in the sales business as arrogant as him. Reminds me of the hummer guys selling before they went bust. Ford needs to sale direct and cut out this BS.

anyone with similar Experiences. I called planet ford and they are stuck on 15k markup. Does anyone know dealers who are reasonable in pricing? Do they even exist? These dealership and markups are destroying customer service and will cause ford to eventually go bankrupt. Sellers market or not eventually will be a surplus once chips catch up.
They don’t even have the parts ! The catch up will be at least after the next election when the smoke clears. My opinion, but I did say 8.00 a gallon of gas was coming!

Motex2011

Reaction score
I order a Bronco Badlands right before they closed the orders and I was thinking that I would just let the dealer have it (I've bought several from them and they always treat me fair.) but I may buy it and sell it if the market is still crazy in late 2023 when I'm supposed to get it.

Of course, if they offer me the Bronco Raptor like they did my neighbor, I will definitely buy that and park it under a cover for a year.

badclam

Reaction score
So realistically the Raptor R will be $100,000 with a $50,000 ADM. $150,000 for a Raptor R? Why?
I now have a 37PP. Sure another 200hp would be a hoot, but you can buy 2 X 702hp Ram TRX for what will be the lowest possible price of the Raptor R. So I can own both a 37pp and a TRX for what a good guess at the Raptor R price will be. Seems like the 2 in the hand is a better strategy to me?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So realistically the Raptor R will be $100,000 with a $50,000 ADM. $150,000 for a Raptor R? Why?
I now have a 37PP. Sure another 200hp would be a hoot, but you can buy 2 X 702hp Ram TRX for what will be the lowest possible price of the Raptor R. So I can own both a 37pp and a TRX for what a good guess at the Raptor R price will be. Seems like the 2 in the hand is a better strategy to me?
I dunno I imagine the Raptor-R will be better built, I also imagine the power figures could be sandbagged a bit as well

That being said? An X5M comp is right around the same MSRP, down bout 100hp/100tq, can’t tow anything (don’t even think it has a 2k lb rating), has no bed, has a harsher ride inroad & basically can’t go offroad…..I suppose it has a better interior, but not by that much. Realistically- that’s in the wheelhouse of what a Raptor-R competes with