Raptor R Supercharger Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... I’d be willing to bet an FRF would snatch it up, being under warranty and all... Just sayin'
I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable selling it to someone knowing of all of the issues I’m having with it, I would feel bad. Especially when I’m being offered $142k from Ford.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because if I trade it I will only get back roughly $120k towards my next truck. If I do a buy back Ford is agreeing to pay for the truck, ADM and reimburse me for the PPF and tint, which comes out to 142k. The truck is registered in Oregon so I didn’t really pay anything for tax. By doing the buyback I save an additional 22k. I’m ok with dinging my score seeing how I’ve bought roughly 50 Fords over the years with personal and work trucks. My dealer feels bad for me and said not to worry about it and just move forward with the buyback.
Ford is going to pay ADM! Wow

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, glad I did not bet someone as I would have bet Ford would not pay more than MSRP. Funny how Ford makes some seemingly stupid decisions and then the take care of customers. Should keep you as a Ford customer

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, glad I did not bet someone as I would have bet Ford would not pay more than MSRP. Funny how Ford makes some seemingly stupid decisions and then the take care of customers. Should keep you as a Ford customer
It’s not Ford’s decision. It’s the ridiculous CA laws.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truck is registered, and I assume was also therefore purchased in Oregon. Why would CA laws have anything to do with it?
Correct, the truck was both purchased and registered in Oregon to my address in Oregon. My profile says Huntington Beach, CA where I also live, @FordTechOne probably just assumed I registered it to my address is CA because of my profile location.

Just to clarify the buyback falls under Oregon state laws.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct, the truck was both purchased and registered in Oregon to my address in Oregon. My profile says Huntington Beach, CA where I also live, @FordTechOne probably just assumed I registered it to my address is CA because of my profile location.

Just to clarify the buyback falls under Oregon state laws.
Were all the issues related to the engine and S/C as you were describing in your initial post?