Raptor R Supercharger Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ams mike

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve spoken with a few shops. RPG has built a few Raptors for me over the years. Was talking with Corey about doing a build. SVC is doing a full 4 link back half build on an another friends R right now. Also talking to Kevin over at H&M, and Erik at Blitzkrieg. Just not sure I want to fully chop up this R till my other one is built.

I’m more leaning towards moving forward with the guys over at E-Click, they hit me up and just finished dialing in their system for the Gen3 and asked if id be interested in letting them use my truck to dial it in for the R, thinking about going that route. We’ll see.

Stormtrooper If/when you see Corey next. Tell him AMS MIKE says HI. Haven't seen him in years. He is a good dude. My dyno shop used to be next to his first shop which used to be Blitzkriegs shop, small world.

bigft678

Reaction score
if you read the title you know what’s going down…

My Raptor R has been out of commission at my local Ford Dealership here in Huntington Beach undergoing diagnosis for going on 4 weeks now.

So what’s been going on: Since about 150 miles on the truck I noticed that upon decelerating an almost horn/blowback noise was coming from the SC. I took the truck immediately into Ford and of course it didn’t make the noise for their mechanic so they were unable to diagnose at that time, so I picked up the truck, and of course I get halfway home and noise… so I drove the truck back to Ford and had both their mechanics jump in the truck with me and I drove it with them till we heard the noise.

Long story short, they have been working on diagnosing the truck for the past 4 weeks with FP going back and forth countless times via hotline.

FP advised them to start going deeper into fixing the SC, however that was unacceptable to me, seeing that the truck has less than 1000 miles on it.

I just got notification yesterday from the service manager and my ford rep that’s assigned to my case they will be replacing the SC completely and will be shipping it out today.

Fingers crossed
Do you notice sound when foot is off pedal and truck is decelerating especially at low speeds?

OP
OP
Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you notice sound when foot is off pedal and truck is decelerating especially at low speeds?
The sounds starts after a hard acceleration, upon the release off the pedal during deceleration. It only happened twice at low speeds, most times happened upon getting on the throttle.

New SC is being installed and will be completed by Monday I’m told. Fingers crossed.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. Sounds like a one off situation (hopefully)...on the bright side I follow a guy on IG who is absolutely beating the living heck out of his R and looks like he's having no problems.

One of our customers just got back from the Baja Raptor Run with his R and had zero issues. Also drove it all the way from Houston there and back. Said it performed flawlessly.

Ya I’ve been going back and forth on that too. Thinking of going that route and pushing it up to 1000+

Very easy to get there. Ported blower, pulley, headers, fuel, and tune. Just hoping the aftermarket can get the ECUs unlocked.

Im betting 1000% these engines are good to 1000HP easy!!!

All day. Plenty of GT500 guys running 1000hp crank...only issue is traction haha