Local Dealer (MH) Markup raptor r and raptor 37 insane Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D Dean

Reaction score
sales manager told me had 2 allocations of raptor R coming. He’s buying one and his neighbor getting the other one (nuts). He say the mark up will be $50k over MSRP. I told him I was 5 on list at another dealership for the R and he just laughed saying I’ll never get it. he has a atlas blue raptor 37 package loaded for $20k over and any others raptors coming same $20k markup. He will not negotiate lower price And Offered 1k less.(laughable). Told him I would write a check for total price. would not budge and gave me the story won’t make them after next year. Overall bad experience and never met someone in the sales business as arrogant as him. Reminds me of the hummer guys selling before they went bust. Ford needs to sale direct and cut out this BS.

anyone with similar Experiences. I called planet ford and they are stuck on 15k markup. Does anyone know dealers who are reasonable in pricing? Do they even exist? These dealership and markups are destroying customer service and will cause ford to eventually go bankrupt. Sellers market or not eventually will be a surplus once chips catch up.

Last edited:

Billy Mc

Reaction score
The mark-ups are crazy no doubt. But, that's what the market will bear. High demand, low production and GREED... equals super high price.

Similar situation with many goods and commodities (gasoline and diesel) at the moment.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealerships can charge whatever they want, there are so many customers willing to throw cash in a barrell for the dealer, that's why they don't budge. Ford is selling every truck they produce, every single one!! You don't go broke selling all of your inventory above cost, ever.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sales manager told me had 2 allocations of raptor R coming. He’s buying one and his neighbor getting the other one (nuts). He say the mark up will be $50k over MSRP. I told him I was 5 on list at another dealership for the R and he just laughed saying I’ll never get it. he has a atlas blue raptor 37 package loaded for $20k over and any others raptors coming same $20k markup. He will not negotiate lower price And Offered 1k less.(laughable). Told him I would write a check for total price. would not budge and gave me the story won’t make them after next year. Overall bad experience and never met someone in the sales business as arrogant as him. Reminds me of the hummer guys selling before they went bust. Ford needs to sale direct and cut out this BS.

anyone with similar Experiences. I called planet ford and they are stuck on 15k markup. Does anyone know dealers who are reasonable in pricing? Do they even exist? These dealership and markups are destroying customer service and will cause ford to eventually go bankrupt. Sellers market or not eventually will be a surplus once chips catch up.
I don't need a truck badly enough to consider lining the pockets of a DBag like that sales guy. Hopefully you don't either.

Find another dealer.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I jusr watched another YouTuber doing a review on the "2022 model year Ford F-150 Lightning, listed at $39,000". Funny thing is, they don't exist yet. Certainly NOT at that price at this time. The Powerboost is the same; you can't walk in and buy a base model at sticker, and I'm not waiting 2 years for either of them.