Ford Raptor R vs Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re correct, I could purchase a Raptor R at MSRP if I really wanted. The hang up I have is the R stickers for around $110,000. So if you can get one at MSRP, is it really a $25,000 better vehicle than the sticker price of my TRX? To me it’s not, but it might be to somebody else. Now if the R was within say $5,000 of my TRX, then maybe it is.
Again....the difference in price like for like is just north of $10K. Comparing your decontented TRX to a loaded to the gills Raptor R is dishonest:
Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 6.09.08 AM.png

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Again....the difference in price like for like is just north of $10K. Comparing your decontented TRX to a loaded to the gills Raptor R is dishonest:
View attachment 371564
My truck is a Level II without a sunroof. It’s far from sparse on options. But thanks for being relevant…

My 2021 is $10,000 less than the same optioned 2022. So yes, it’s a better deal to me than the R
19B34488-E24D-4D02-93D1-1053B78B441E.jpeg0B4C7414-3303-4D5B-9E99-1DB15660166E.jpegFE252CBB-E859-43C2-944F-580298BD078F.jpeg

Last edited:

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 371564

MSRP without ADM is fantasy land for most on a Raptor R and there are multiple places doing $10k-ish off of MSRP on Ram TRX. Comparing MSRP is kind of useless compared to actual sales pricing and availability.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MSRP without ADM is fantasy land for most on a Raptor R and there are multiple places doing $10k-ish off of MSRP on Ram TRX. Comparing MSRP is kind of useless compared to actual sales pricing and availability.
The TRX is several years old and the market is saturated with them. Tomorrow the new Mustang will be revealed. What the hell do you think will happen in S550 values as a result? Maybe Ram will reveal a red eye with better suspension soon.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Every time ADM is brought up people argue you can’t compare prices using ADM, but that you have to use sticker.

Again using my discounted TRX ($79,000) to a marked up R (let’s say $125,000) makes the TRX. a much better deal. To be fair with my comparison, I was using sticker.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You always get a better deal on just about any vehicle that’s been made for several years.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TRX is several years old and the market is saturated with them. Tomorrow the new Mustang will be revealed. What the hell do you think will happen in S550 values as a result? Maybe Ram will reveal a red eye with better suspension soon.

I wasn't addressing resale value or unicorness of the vehicle, but simply your post that I quoted. The notion that $10k seperates the purchase price of the two is not reality for the vast majority of potential buyers. I can order a TRX from Koons today for $10k or 11% off MSRP, whichever is greater savings. Can you find an R for that? Or an R, period? Right. So MSRPs are meaningless.

As far as the Mustang, my crystal ball is cloudy at best. I thought the C8 would tank C7 pricing so ******* me said "I'll wait 18 months and scoop up a C7 on the cheap" and talked myself out of reserving a C8, which at the time was a stretch but doable for me. Then, you know, COVID, chip shortage, lengthy wait lists, frustrated buyers... Since then used 'Vettes have went up, what, roughly 30% on the used market? My car appreciated, but nothing like a C8 would have. Have you seen what old Bronco prices have done? Freaking OJ Broncos that were essentially scrap metal value a few years ago? So, given Ford's inability to deliver hot vehicles in meaningful numbers (See: Maverick, See: Raptor, See: Bronco, See: Lightning) and the fact free buzz from new models that then can't be delivered seems to be driving up prices of older models I'm going to say Mustang values aren't going to plummet off a cliff due to the new one. Equally, I doubt TRX prices tank since the hemi is on it's way out the door soon and "saturated" is a pretty relative term. But, I could be just as wrong as I was about C7s. The TRX isn't for me for a variety of reasons, I'd rather do the Power Wagon if I was going to Ram again, but resale value concerns isn't one of them.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't addressing resale value or unicorness of the vehicle, but simply your post that I quoted. The notion that $10k seperates the purchase price of the two is not reality for the vast majority of potential buyers. I can order a TRX from Koons today for $10k or 11% off MSRP, whichever is greater savings. Can you find an R for that? Or an R, period? Right. So MSRPs are meaningless.

As far as the Mustang, my crystal ball is cloudy at best. I thought the C8 would tank C7 pricing so ******* me said "I'll wait 18 months and scoop up a C7 on the cheap" and talked myself out of reserving a C8, which at the time was a stretch but doable for me. Then, you know, COVID, chip shortage, lengthy wait lists, frustrated buyers... Since then used 'Vettes have went up, what, roughly 30% on the used market? My car appreciated, but nothing like a C8 would have. Have you seen what old Bronco prices have done? Freaking OJ Broncos that were essentially scrap metal value a few years ago? So, given Ford's inability to deliver hot vehicles in meaningful numbers (See: Maverick, See: Raptor, See: Bronco, See: Lightning) and the fact free buzz from new models that then can't be delivered seems to be driving up prices of older models I'm going to say Mustang values aren't going to plummet off a cliff due to the new one. Equally, I doubt TRX prices tank since the hemi is on it's way out the door soon and "saturated" is a pretty relative term. But, I could be just as wrong as I was about C7s. The TRX isn't for me for a variety of reasons, I'd rather do the Power Wagon if I was going to Ram again, but resale value concerns isn't one of them.
It's not a notion. Like for like the difference is $10K. If you can't find a dealer you can negotiate with then try harder or change your tactics. Negotiating $10K off on an older model TRX is much easier for most because they're not in demand like they used to be, and everyone wants the new and shiny. That's the way it is and the way it will always be.

And I have a '19 Power Wagon with 25K on it if you're interested. I think I should be able to sell it for more than I paid for it :lol2:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Since nobody has driven one, WHAT IF the R actually is $20-40k better than the TRX? How can anyone say it is not at this point?

On paper, it looks like the R will slap the ever loving s^%t out of the TRX and everyone knows it.

Again, I am not a customer for either one, but lets just be honest.

And for the short memory types: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ram-1500-trx-launch-edition-dealer-markup/