Ford Raptor R vs Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
My guess is MSRP between a Raptor R and a TRX that's pretty loaded are going to be similar. With that said, I believe ADM's on the Raptor R will push the truck into the $120,000 or more game. So, with that said, which truck for the actual purchase price is the better vehicle? Will a Raptor R really be a better truck when it's $20,000 or more?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My guess is MSRP between a Raptor R and a TRX that's pretty loaded are going to be similar. With that said, I believe ADM's on the Raptor R will push the truck into the $120,000 or more game. So, with that said, which truck for the actual purchase price is the better vehicle? Will a Raptor R really be a better truck when it's $20,000 or more?
It all depends on what you want and how much money you have. If you're a millionaire, an extra $20k for something 10% better is a slam dunk. Watching your pennies? Neither is a good choice. In between? Once again, it depends. So ... it depends.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sense debating now, just wait for the release. Also, IMO bringing ADM into the argument on a brand new model vs 3 year old model is not really a great comparison.

Plenty will be sold for MSRP despite the gallery using ADM and “unconfirmed limited run” as an excuse to justify their current ride / situation.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor R should be better considering it comes with 37s, bigger shocks, and now power to compare with a TRX. Driving dynamics will really tell the difference though.

I own a TRX and am hoping the R pushes Ram to come out with a Redeye style TRX with 37s and 3.0+ shocks. If the Raptor R is as fun to drive as the TRX and doesn't lose its nimble feel, it'll be hard to compete.

All things considering, I would bet the Raptor R ends up being a fully loaded only model around 100-105k. Considering a base 2022 Raptor with the 37 package is 82k, a 20k mark up seems about right for the motor and exclusivity. ADM is a whole different conversation as well. Here in SoCal, a 37 Raptor goes for 25k over all day. My buddy at Irvine Ford has their R allocations at 50k over and their list is already 10+ deep.

KevRoq

Reaction score
Being that trx can be achieved at MSRP and raptor Rs will be 25-50k plus I'd go trx even though I like the raptor better. When I left the dealer might my 22R the sales manager said the Rs gonna sell 50k over at that dealer

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being that trx can be achieved at MSRP and raptor Rs will be 25-50k plus I'd go trx even though I like the raptor better. When I left the dealer might my 22R the sales manager said the Rs gonna sell 50k over at that dealer
You're overpaying by $10k for your TRX. Maybe you should get up to date before you drop that line in the water ... just sayin'

GoDucks

Reaction score
These truck prices are amazingly stupid! Haha I remember in early 2000s when I graduated college thinking one day I will do well enough to afford an elite level sports car that is around $100k like a 911 turbo. Crazy how times have changed the auto industry. I do want the Raptor R though!