Last year for Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure demand will stay. Here’s why, I have loved my R as compared to the 21. But, this X-mas was spent in AZ and the R was a rocket. I then realized I was losing massive HP at my 6000-7000 feet elevation. According to what I read, the normal SC engine will lose 22% power at 6000 feet. That makes my R only producing 547. Not that much more than my 19 goose tuned truck. Then you add the 37’s and I think the tuned eco on 35’s might just outrun it. I guess most are at the lower elevations so they won’t see what I am.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supply and demand. Special edition vehicles like the R, Shelby Stangs, SVO etc have always allowed Ford to show off a bit in the marketplace. Announcing or spreading rumors of a specific vehicles demise always boosts sales.
Then they just reintroduce it later…
:)
V/R
Smokey

18RaptorFox

Reaction score
This was Jim Farleys comments on the V8 this week. He said Ford will be the only automaker on the face of the planet making V8 engines, and Ford wouldn’t have it any other way. The 8 banger ain’t dead (at Ford at least).IMG_6101.jpeg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was Jim Farleys comments on the V8 this week. He said Ford will be the only automaker on the face of the planet making V8 engines, and Ford wouldn’t have it any other way. The 8 banger ain’t dead (at Ford at least).View attachment 441378
1705890900877.gif

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford should just dump the V6 and mass produce the V8 to stop this price gouging and drive volume sales vs. limited production... just my 2 cents.