RAM 1500 TRX dead after MY2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was one of the reasons I got rid of the 2020 Raptor. The fake engine noise after a year of ownership was a blemish on a damn near perfect truck. Turn that shit off and just let the truck sound like the truck it is!
So easy to do with forscan.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But that causes a BMS problem. IIRC If it weren't for the cheap springs and the fake noises, gen 2 would be near perfect.
Yea, the rear springs and blocks are the biggest weakness.

How does it cause a BMS problem? I disabled the sounds and it was gone without issue. It’s dumb that it’s there in the first place but I wouldn’t get rid of the truck over it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, the rear springs and blocks are the biggest weakness.

How does it cause a BMS problem? I disabled the sounds and it was gone without issue. It’s dumb that it’s there in the first place but I wouldn’t get rid of the truck over it.
I don't remember. I do remember it being discussed back when I bought by '20 and was looking at getting rid of the noises. I ended up not doing anything because of that and because my hearing is shit anyway.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disabling Auto Start Stop is done by disabling the BMS, maybe that's what you're thinking of? The only issue with turning off the fake engine noise is it also disables the ANC (Active Noise Cancelling)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Disabling Auto Start Stop is done by disabling the BMS, maybe that's what you're thinking of? The only issue with turning off the fake engine noise is it also disables the ANC (Active Noise Cancelling)

I think there’s a setting that does this - Factory kicker sub or some such.. isn’t there another way?
I got the rather pricey doohickey that turns it off.

But yeah, at least 1 common FORSCAN mod suppresses BMS.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For sure, it’s impressive output in a sub 2 ton sports car. Put it in a 3+ ton truck that’s designed to tow 4+ tons and I don’t see how they’re going to hit durability benchmarks at all.

Where’s @FordTechOne on this? Haha
The biggest obstacle is keeping it cool; that’s a lot of HP/L in a truck/towing application. I’m sure it will have an open deck cylinder design and likely more than one water pump.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest obstacle is keeping it cool; that’s a lot of HP/L in a truck/towing application. I’m sure it will have an open deck cylinder design and likely more than one water pump.
Best to not clog up the 18 radiators or whatever on that truck first time out mudding…lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter