Ford Raptor R vs Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I can swing it financially. and manage to get my hands on one. ill keep my 21' and put that truck in storage after I put a few miles on it. it'll be a unicorn down the road and will definitely fetch more money than the adm at auction in 5-10years. heck who knows they may put a stipulation on on how long you have to keep it before you can sell it. if its that limited in numbers.

I absolutely have no need to have it for a daily driver. (purely a investment based on speculation) I am happy with the 21'. would rather have a 911 for that price.

naturally All this depends on how many are produced. I guess we all will be anxiously waiting for Monday.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These truck prices are amazingly stupid! Haha I remember in early 2000s when I graduated college thinking one day I will do well enough to afford an elite level sports car that is around $100k like a 911 turbo. Crazy how times have changed the auto industry. I do want the Raptor R though!
So true lol

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I can swing it financially. and manage to get my hands on one. ill keep my 21' and put that truck in storage after I put a few miles on it. it'll be a unicorn down the road and will definitely fetch more money than the adm at auction in 5-10years. heck who knows they may put a stipulation on on how long you have to keep it before you can sell it. if its that limited in numbers.

I absolutely have no need to have it for a daily driver. (purely a investment based on speculation) I am happy with the 21'. would rather have a 911 for that price.

naturally All this depends on how many are produced. I guess we all will be anxiously waiting for Monday.
F all that nonsense. One life, drive it like a rental.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the first one at my dealer as owner does not want it and I didn’t argue much on my Gen2 trade in since the 22 37pp was msrp. I asked for one last June when I ordered the Gen3. They said they made decent profit on my trade. No way will I store the R or flip it for profit. This will probably be best new high performance truck/vehicle experience of my life ever. These will be dead dinosaurs soon. Will I drive it less than my Gen2s, absolutely but at least 2/3 days a week. I just hope we can select things like no roof and still get the plug in bed power- love that thing. It will probably have some interior bits but overall I hope nothing crazy so they can actually produce them in numbers similar to the GT500, since that v8sc engine will be big limiting factor for numbers. Unless the engine is what I really want - an aluminum 7.3 block Godzilla with ported heads and decent cam that makes 650/675 hp N/A. Just enough to keep up with heavier TRX. No, that will not happen.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sense debating now, just wait for the release. Also, IMO bringing ADM into the argument on a brand new model vs 3 year old model is not really a great comparison.

Plenty will be sold for MSRP despite the gallery using ADM and “unconfirmed limited run” as an excuse to justify their current ride / situation.
Raptor R will be as limited as GT Supercar. Will be selling at $100k or more adm with plenty of takers.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Ford gets the Raptor R out in any volume, I’m predicting the cost of a TRX will become a bit lower and will almost be like the bargain truck in comparison. Not degrading the TRX as it has a lot to offer plain and simple. But Raptor has a name and Raptor may be reborn basically. People will surely buy back in and Ford has to know it.

badclam

Reaction score
I think you'll be able to buy 2 TRXs for the price of 1 Raptor R with ADM. That said,I'm driving a 22 37pp, I'm still trying to get a Raptor R, but have a TRX ordered for $5k under MSRP. Gotta try. If the Raptor becomes a real opportunity, i'll sell or trade one of the other 2 trucks. if not I'll have one each of the best 2 trucks available.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been holding out on trading in my 2019 Gen 2, patiently waiting for the R to go on sale. I’m sure the initial markups will be bananas and I’m in no rush. What I would never trade my Raptor in for is The TRX. Everyone has their opinion on Manufacturers and I respect that; if you are a fan of Dodge that’s your daily not mine so have at it and enjoy. In my eyes Dodge has always followed the same principle… take a mediocre at best product, stuff a more powerful engine into it, and put it out for consumers to enjoy in the short term. From the Dodge Neon SRt4 to the Ram Srt10 and most recent hellcat versions of the charger and challenger…at the end of the day it’s still a Dodge. Notorious for interiors made from the cheapest of materials, faulty transmissions, engine brackets that break regularly across their entire line of vehicles. And I speak from first hand experience. Working in law enforcement I was assigned 5 chargers in total starting with the 6th Gen to the 7th Gen before the cost of repairs became so astronomical and frequent that the agency switched back to Ford. 3/5 were brand new. You name it it happened. From mechanical failures and snapped engine brackets to your dash and trim peeling…we even had several new chargers completely dying upon heavy acceleration in pursuits. we saw it all across the fleet. Were they fast? Absolutely. But in the private market what good is spending 70-90k on something fast that’ll last you a short period of time. I’m just not convinced that the TRX is any different from the usual specialty vehicle Dodge puts out. They set out to “beat” the Raptor. They took a Ram 1500, stuffed it with aftermarket parts, made sure the numbers were higher than the Raptor and slapped an 80k+ sticker price on it instead of developing something new that is actually capable of matching or beating the Raptor in its off road capabilities which was at the core of the Raptors development. Anyone here who has put their Raptors through the paces it was meant to out in places like Moab knows that a figure like 702hp is meaningless when it comes to off-road maneuvering and ascending/descending trails. Sure you wanna open her up and fly down the salt flats let your 702 hp rip. Just always remember that the rest of what you are driving is liable to leave you stranded sooner rather than later. If I was interested in a straight line truck there’s always the F150 Super Snake. My 2019 Gen 2 has 52k miles on it currently and it’s never once had me second guessing choosing a Raptor. But again… to each his own. That’s my rant lol hope you guys are well and safe and, if you went the TRX route, I hope I’m wrong and you enjoy it for a long time to come. See ya out there.

Parappa The Rapta

Reaction score
If it comes in at 95k and below I would consider it.. but I don't think that will be the case. I imagine getting one will cost over 100k and I can't do that for a truck.. just mentally can't make it happen.

If they DO price it like that they are sunk, Chevrolet/GMC will eventually come out with their version of a Bison with a blower on it and that will be the truck to beat imo.. better interior than Dodge and Ford, great motor, stout transmission and lockers front and rear.