Ford Raptor R vs Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since nobody has driven one, WHAT IF the R actually is $20-40k better than the TRX? How can anyone say it is not at this point?

On paper, it looks like the R will slap the ever loving s^%t out of the TRX and everyone knows it.

Again, I am not a customer for either one, but lets just be honest.

And for the short memory types: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ram-1500-trx-launch-edition-dealer-markup/

My thought is it just boils down to what a potential purchaser values. Pure driving? I don't see how it can be $20k better. Total experience? It may easily be $20k better. Classic muscle cars are not better in any measurable metric compared to even mid-level cars today, but can command big prices due to the ownership experience. Nostalgia, collectibility, 'connection', the ability to tinker being more accessible, the feel, the sound, etc. All intangible metrics that vary from person to person and all influence what a given something is worth.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been under and behind the wheel of a TRX. TRiX are for kids.
|
I'd have broken so much on the Dodge if I took a trail as hard as I do in the 1G.

I'll just finish my long travel 1G, build R level all motor power in a 7.3 gas motor and bolt it to a built 6spd because so far they are still stronger than a 10spd.