Raptor R price guessing game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet it starts in the high $90k range. I'll call my shot at $98k. Much less and it'll be too close to the V6 Raptor and everyone would go with the R. I think higher price will line up better with the halo vehicle optics that Ford is likely targeting.

I bet it only comes with 37s standard. No 35 option. I also bet there's no 800A equivalent. Options will be loaded and more loaded, as it should be. Options will be graphics, moonroof, seats, wheels, and probably some Raptor R specific goodies that aren't available on V6 Raptors. Driveway price will be over 100k for sure.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's one of the dumbest posts I've seen.

If a craftsman #2 phillips head screwdriver was sitting somewhere for sale at $50, most could afford it but wouldn't see that as a positive "dollar vs value" trade off---so they wouldn't buy it.
I hear ya, my post was a bit sarcastic as we have seen a million ( also sarcasm) post about how much will a Raptor R cost and what will be the ADM on it. So you have to laugh a bit more bro, is all.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's one of the dumbest posts I've seen.

If a craftsman #2 phillips head screwdriver was sitting somewhere for sale at $50, most could afford it but wouldn't see that as a positive "dollar vs value" trade off---so they wouldn't buy it.

Not a good comparison. Your screwdriver isn't a luxury item, a play toy, and a status symbol with possibly limited production. If someone was looking for a truck for value, then XLTs would be the best selling trim.

Bu I don't think that was really the point of the post. The R is going to be up there to the point where the many of buyers aren't going to be too concerned about whether MSRP is $95k or $105k, as it's pocket change to them, the same way you won't care if your screw driver is $5 or $6.

Yes there are absolutely those where it will matter, but there are lot of guys here who have a fleet of high end vehicles.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No disrespect to those who are married..

"My wife did not like (fill in the blank), so I got this (fill in the blank)" I will never in my life understand that.

Now - sup fkers? Who got the down payment ready for the R?

dakotawoopass

Reaction score
Not a good comparison. Your screwdriver isn't a luxury item, a play toy, and a status symbol with possibly limited production. If someone was looking for a truck for value, then XLTs would be the best selling trim.

Bu I don't think that was really the point of the post. The R is going to be up there to the point where the many of buyers aren't going to be too concerned about whether MSRP is $95k or $105k, as it's pocket change to them, the same way you won't care if your screw driver is $5 or $6.

Yes there are absolutely those where it will matter, but there are lot of guys here who have a fleet of high end vehicles.

It's a great comparison.

It's still an object that can be purchased with cash. Same could be said for services.

At some point, whether it's a sandwich, a screwdriver, a snowmobile, motorcycle, sedan, TRX or Raptor...there is a point in which someone even if they they have the cash laying around, will say "nope, not worth it to me".

Okay, so another angle. What if the Raptor R (Luxury vehicle you are referring to) came out and someone had one listed at $750k. Exact same specs. Lets say you had $2million in your retirement account.

You can afford it, but zero chance anyone would do it. Not worth it.

The "not worth" it point, can happen anywhere between .01 to infinity. You probably wouldn't think it was worth it to buy a 2" long rusted bolt with stripped threads for a penny. When you said "no" -- I don't think it would be because you couldn't afford it.

I assume you drive a Raptor? Whatever...doesn't matter. You drive a vehicle.

What did you pay? $80k?

Would have have paid $85K

$90K?

$100K?

$110K?

$120K?

$130K?

$150K?

$160K?

$175k?

$200K?

Somewhere in there, you'd say "nope" ---even if you had the cash on hand. And the place where you say "Nope" --is only a few $ away from where you'd say yes. Are you saying you can't afford a few $ when you are are purchasing something around $100k?

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a great comparison.

It's still an object that can be purchased with cash. Same could be said for services.

Everything can be purchased for cash, but not every item is purchased based on cost value. In terms of utility, a Rolex and a Casio both tell time, but the price is vastly different. The Rolex costs more because it's a luxury status symbol.

At some point, whether it's a sandwich, a screwdriver, a snowmobile, motorcycle, sedan, TRX or Raptor...there is a point in which someone even if they they have the cash laying around, will say "nope, not worth it to me".

Okay, so another angle. What if the Raptor R (Luxury vehicle you are referring to) came out and someone had one listed at $750k. Exact same specs. Lets say you had $2million in your retirement account.

Well, sure. If you take it to ridiculous extremes, than no one will pay that. There is 0 chance the R is going to cost $750k MSRP. The range is somewhere between 80-110k, approximately, and I bet a ton of potential buyers don't care either way as it's near pocket change to them.

The "not worth" it point, can happen anywhere between .01 to infinity. You probably wouldn't think it was worth it to buy a 2" long rusted bolt with stripped threads for a penny. When you said "no" -- I don't think it would be because you couldn't afford it.

The Raptor R is not a rusted bolt. That's my point. You can't compare objects which are effectively commodities to luxury items that people only buy with disposable income.

I assume you drive a Raptor? Whatever...doesn't matter. You drive a vehicle.

What did you pay? $80k?

I paid $60k. I bought used around 2.5 years ago when Raptors were easily found on dealerships. I probably would have bought new around 72 if I hadn't found a good deal on a slightly used. Sure, I would get the best deal I could get, but a few thousand here or there wasn't going to drop me out of the market.

But I don't care what the R cost, other than curiosity, as it's well out of the range I can justify for spending on a vehicle. But I bet there are a ton of people who don't care whether it cost 80 or 110k.

Would have have paid $85K

$90K?

$100K?

$110K?

$120K?

$130K?

$150K?

$160K?

$175k?

$200K?

Somewhere in there, you'd say "nope" ---even if you had the cash on hand. And the place where you say "Nope" --is only a few $ away from where you'd say yes.

Of course. But that 'nope' point is very very high, beyond what the Raptor will realistically cost, for a lot of people. The same people who say they don't care about gas mileage (and that you shouldn't buy a Raptor if you do).

Are you saying you can't afford a few $ when you are are purchasing something around $100k?

I'm saying that most of the people who are looking at $100k trucks are not going to be too worried about $10k more or less. Not everyone, sure, but certainly enough people to buy Rs.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually thinking this, sky is the limit at this point. And its a different game if these are going to be limited in numbers. Realistically, I THINK its going to be at least double whatever the normal MSRP price would be

I was at the Merc dealer the other day, and checked out a 21' G wagen (in the showroom) with 8k on it, and they wanted $360K CAD lol. I knew I should have bought one last year when it was like $180K hahaha

Last edited:

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yall are wild... the Raptor R we be sensible. 88k starting, base.

By base we I mean, engine, seats, steering wheel and regular Gen 3 wheels. No doors or AC.