Will Raptor prices come down with R released.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There will be some low mileage 21-22 raptors available when the R arrives in a year. Inflation is higher than depreciation on our trucks right now. Everything will cost 10% more in a year and Ford priced it in.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a buyer on the hunt right now I am concerned about the R reducing ecoboost 37 allocations.

The 37 was already limited allocation, obviously we don’t know which component specifically was driving that but I am looking at it like this: if there were 100 37 package allocations in 2022, in 2023 there could be 90 37 eco boost and 10 R

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to guess some ecoboost 37s will be trading in for the R. If so I will be waiting in the shadows if prices do fall to jump on 1.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TRX had zero impact on the price of the Gen 3 despite being a well worthy competitor.
Most people won’t fork the 109k (probably way more with ADM) and just the starting price is pricing out the majority of current Raptor drivers anyway.
My thought is that now the TRX sounds even more like the best bargain if you can handle the mpg (which will also be horrendous on the R).

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sort of impact will the R have on the price of regular Raptors? Couldn't help but noticed that the MSRP for the R is about the same price as Raptors are going for with ADM. Obviously, the R will have ADM, but when you're spending that kind of money, and have the ability to spend that kind of money, do you really care if it costs $110k or $140k?

The other point to consider is that a lot of people are in a Raptor because it was perceived as the best. Putting aside the argument of TRX vs Raptor, 35s vs 37s for a moment, a reg Raptor is definitely not the best anymore. So if you're in it for the title, your in for the R and R only here on out. And if you can't afford the best, do you go back to a regular F150 now, rather than a 2nd/3rd place option?

What I mean to say is, if you want to look good in the Starbucks drive through, Raptor might not be your vehicle of choice anymore. And while Ford may still sell all the Raptors they make, they might not get the stupid money for it anymore, or as much as they used to. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Raptors for MSRP are pretty common come January '23.
No impact at all

Don Albares

Reaction score
I'll say it again, not judging anyone. But as long as people continue to pay ridiculously high prices for Raptors. The Supply will stay limited and the prices will stay (ridiculously high) As much as I love my 20 Gen 2, I wouldn't have considered paying today's prices nor remotly the ADM's. I got a steal.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CORP offices know what the sweet spot is for DEMAND and supply.. sometimes they can control it and sometimes they can not(short term), but i believe they got more control over this vs "no more chips"..lol... They know as long as people are paying ADM fees the trucks will stay high-atleast the brand new ones.. There are so many people worth millions.. they will buy a R or GEN 3 for 100k and put 30-40k into it and trade it in for 80k... 90% of my raptor friends that have GEN2s (LIKE ME) paid around 60-70k for a GEN 2 with 30k in upgrades.. I am good with the table scraps..lol.. hell by the time i pay this off- the ELECTRIC GEN RAPTOR will be out!! lol.. I will finally get a V8 R!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll say it again, not judging anyone. But as long as people continue to pay ridiculously high prices for Raptors. The Supply will stay limited and the prices will stay (ridiculously high) As much as I love my 20 Gen 2, I wouldn't have considered paying today's prices nor remotly the ADM's. I got a steal.
Yeah, prices will stay high until Ford makes enough. I worry that at the intersection of woke and greedy, there's a limited number of Raptors produced for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping that at the end of gen 3, Ford will crank out the numbers the way they did at the end of gen 2. That's when I upgrade. We'll see.