Raptor Incoming - Built, Awaiting Shipment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I'm curious about is this Ford Price Protection thing. When the order was placed base price was $65375 and options plus delivery made MSRP $81245. Now that the window sticker is generated the base climbed to $69525. 801A dropped a bit but not by the difference and MSRP is now $84100.

Am I stuck with the price hike?
There are many threads on this topic... one recent one should help you out... https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/order-is-in-shipment-dealer-is-acting-funny.92134/

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many threads on this topic... one recent one should help you out... https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/order-is-in-shipment-dealer-is-acting-funny.92134/
I looked at that and it didn’t help much. My dealer isn’t acting funny or suggesting a markup of their own. They’re also doing me a favor sticking to MSRP, so I have no intention of giving them a hard time.

I’m trying to learn if Ford themselves will cover the change in factory pricing (not at my dealers expense). Can’t seem to find any clear information from Ford themselves on Price Protection. Can’t tell if it’s protection from dealer markup (not a problem here) or factory price increase after the order is placed.

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd just start a thread about my order progress, since people seem to compare notes on production timing a lot.

—Order placed 2/1/22. Raptor 35 (because 37s make it slower) with 801A, moonroof, ProPower, blue seats, beadlock capable wheels, and spray bedliner. Left the tonneau cover off the order because the dealer said it could cause extra delays.

—Production was scheduled for 6/6/22
——Production happened 6/12/22

—Built 6/14/22

—Arrival at dealer (in NY state) estimated 7/9-7/16. Will be interesting to see if that changes a lot but I've seen a bunch of people with that kind of timing work out.

One thing I'm curious about is this Ford Price Protection thing. When the order was placed base price was $65375 and options plus delivery made MSRP $81245. Now that the window sticker is generated the base climbed to $69525. 801A dropped a bit but not by the difference and MSRP is now $84100.

Am I stuck with the price hike?
If you signed the order form when you purchased the truck you should be good. I asked my dealer same thing for my expedition max yesterday in Leb. He said I was protected.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same position as you are. My truck is listed as built and shipped. It's due to arrive 07/08 - 07/14. A week or so ago, I took my order form and went in to the dealership and sat down with the General Manager who said "Yep, he's exactly right, no problem".
I wrote it all out on a separate piece of paper explaining the price increase, and importantly the deductions including the increase they added to shipping ($100). My original MSRP was $78,845. The new MSRP is $82,580. That is a difference of $3,795.
The GM agreed that the new MSRP will be $77,450 for my truck. That is taking the original MSRP, and deducting $1,395 more for the Blue Cruise delete.
I'm sure that I made that more complicated than it needs to be, but I hope it helps you.

I wanted to sit down with the dealer and discuss the numbers while there wasn't a big shiny object sitting outside distracting me.

200.gif

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same position as you are. My truck is listed as built and shipped. It's due to arrive 07/08 - 07/14. A week or so ago, I took my order form and went in to the dealership and sat down with the General Manager who said "Yep, he's exactly right, no problem".
I wrote it all out on a separate piece of paper explaining the price increase, and importantly the deductions including the increase they added to shipping ($100). My original MSRP was $78,845. The new MSRP is $82,580. That is a difference of $3,795.
The GM agreed that the new MSRP will be $77,450 for my truck. That is taking the original MSRP, and deducting $1,395 more for the Blue Cruise delete.
I'm sure that I made that more complicated than it needs to be, but I hope it helps you.

I wanted to sit down with the dealer and discuss the numbers while there wasn't a big shiny object sitting outside distracting me.

View attachment 359269
This is helpful. Did you get any hint from the GM if the MSRP change if going to come out of their pocket or Ford's? As long as they will arrange to have the difference covered by Ford, great. What I don't want to do is have that conversation and have my dealer end up eating the ~$4k difference. They've done me a big favor twice, by eliminating their area's $8k ADM on my Gen 2 and now my Gen 3.

Does anyone know if it matters that I haven't signed anything? I have an email from the sales manager with a scan of the order preview, and it was placed under my name. Never had to sign anything because I know the dealer and they didn't ask for it.

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are being cool enough to not have you sign your purchase order your probably fine. Unless they didn’t want you to…………….

If they didn’t ADM you I wouldn’t worry about it

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are being cool enough to not have you sign your purchase order your probably fine. Unless they didn’t want you to…………….

If they didn’t ADM you I wouldn’t worry about it
Yeah, I know the store so I'm not worried about them deliberately ******** with me. I also don't expect they'd deliberately leave profit on the table in this market, if it's going to come out of their pocket. My guess is that if they have to eat the difference I'm going to burn a bridge. If Ford has to eat the difference they'll understand me asking a few extra questions.

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah ask them, sounds like your not going to hurt anyones feelings. My dealer had a 10k markup on my 18 and I bought it for 6k under sticker 2 days later. Bought my g3 at MSRP. Then ordered an expedition max stealth performance package at MSRP supposed to be here tmrw. Told me I was protected since I order it in 21 and would also get the incentive for ordering a new vehicle believe it’s 2k currently. Don’t think that applies to rappys tho

tank_jh

Reaction score
I looked at that and it didn’t help much. My dealer isn’t acting funny or suggesting a markup of their own. They’re also doing me a favor sticking to MSRP, so I have no intention of giving them a hard time.

I’m trying to learn if Ford themselves will cover the change in factory pricing (not at my dealers expense). Can’t seem to find any clear information from Ford themselves on Price Protection. Can’t tell if it’s protection from dealer markup (not a problem here) or factory price increase after the order is placed.

This was the thread I started because my dealer was not understanding the price protection process. I have it all figured out now (unless my truck was also one of the stolen ones then I will be getting a 2023 at this point).

In the super basic terms, the price protection is taken care of at the Ford Corporate level. Ford issues a discount on the price of the invoice for the truck to align with the pricing you agreed to so you nor the dealer is out of any additional money. If you are alright with the new pricing on your sticker you are just giving the dealership an extra $4180. What you do with that information is up to you but based on when you ordered it you should be protected.

My dealer was unfamiliar with this process but a single call to their regional rep fixed everything and they are honoring my original MSRP deal from early February.