Order is in shipment, Dealer is acting funny...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tank_jh

Reaction score
Short background here, I ordered a Gen3 in the start of February this year and it completed production last week. The current "estimated" ship time is end of this month, first week of July. While I know that time may move around a bit I started talking with my dealer about swapping the wheels out when the truck shows up and putting tint and bed-liner on it. They were more than happy to accommodate that and sent me an estimate on the costs plus my window sticker. I brought up that everything looks good save for the price protection but I knew the sticker would not reflect that. I asked if I needed to do anything further to make sure that gets taken care of and they stated they would ask their dealer rep but it was a lot of money and Ford probably wouldn't do it.

Based on everything else I have read here, that seems a bit suspect to me. My truck was a special order with an allocation so not dealer stock. Anyone else have experience here? Is there a person at Ford I can or should contact? I have not been totally screwed yet, but I fear it is coming.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet the dealer just hasn't had to deal with it yet and doesn't know how the process works. Give them a chance and hopefully they'll get you all squared away.

ek5686

Reaction score
Lot of dealers do funny business. After my dealer has been telling me that they would sell to me at sticker, they called me and said that ’this’ is the price we are selling and if you aren’t happy with it, we know we can sell it for X ADM same day. They threw on some BS add-ons…although it is less than the standard ADM…still not going to walk away.

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Ford has published guidelines on price protection. I know there was a letter out there on trucks ordered before a certain date in December, I don't know if there is a separate one for later price increases or not. I know people ordering regular F150s and getting rolled from one model year to another are having to pay the price increases

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Short background here, I ordered a Gen3 in the start of February this year and it completed production last week. The current "estimated" ship time is end of this month, first week of July. While I know that time may move around a bit I started talking with my dealer about swapping the wheels out when the truck shows up and putting tint and bed-liner on it. They were more than happy to accommodate that and sent me an estimate on the costs plus my window sticker. I brought up that everything looks good save for the price protection but I knew the sticker would not reflect that. I asked if I needed to do anything further to make sure that gets taken care of and they stated they would ask their dealer rep but it was a lot of money and Ford probably wouldn't do it.

Based on everything else I have read here, that seems a bit suspect to me. My truck was a special order with an allocation so not dealer stock. Anyone else have experience here? Is there a person at Ford I can or should contact? I have not been totally screwed yet, but I fear it is coming.
If you are the one who special ordered it and have the signed contract, make them stick to the signed contract price. It is legally binding if signed by both parties. If it was special ordered for someone else and you assumed it, or you didnt have a signed contract, you really don't have any price protection unfortunately

OP
OP
tank_jh

tank_jh

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I did get a signed document, I was the only person on the order (didn't take someone else's over). Thanks @SurfRaptor for the documents. We'll see what the next few weeks bring, I hope they do get it sorted I'm just a bit jaded from working with Ford dealerships to even make it this far. So many bad apples out there.

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to trust that my dealer is going to get me my $4100 back and its been almost 45 days. I just sent an email this morning. Provide them with the following documents.

So you paid the "new" sticker price and are waiting for a reimbursement? I'm asking because the way I read the documents you provided it would appear that the dealer will receive an adjusted invoice from Ford when they get their Dealer Payment Statement. (When they pay Ford for the truck) I don't think the dealer should have taken the extra money from you only to give it back to you later since they are not getting invoiced for the "new" price, assuming your the original purchaser. Maybe I'm confused, naïve, or both.

OP
OP
tank_jh

tank_jh

Reaction score
I was worried about this part as well. I was under the impression it happens between Ford Corp and the Dealer, not me being on the hook while the dealer gets an interest free loan for a few grand. Plus what am I paying taxes on? Certainly I shouldn't be paying taxes on money I will be getting back to reset the actual price of the vehicle.