GEN 2 Quick MPG question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John H

Reaction score
I obviously didn't buy this bad boy for it's fuel economy. I've had my truck for about two months now (enjoying every minute) and I've only filled up 4 times. Three out of the four fill-ups I've used super unleaded which is 93 octane here in North Texas. Today I wasn't paying attention and filled her up with regular unleaded. Now when I filled it up with 93 octane my tank range is typically 515-525 miles, today with regular 87 octane it showed 615 miles. Is this normal? I'm sure Ford has tuned this thing to run on both.

I'm not trying to get into a debate on which is better. I'm just curious if others have experienced this with their Gen 2.

IMG_20191216_172803492.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
John H

John H

Reaction score
I had a trip out to Yellowstone where I had a lot of highway driving. I had over 700 miles to empty... and yes I was on the highway when I saw the miles to empty at 709 and decided to take a quick snapshot.

View attachment 134281
Holy S*!t [emoji54] we are taking this beast to Silverthorne Colorado next year. Can't wait!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
YOUR FILL UP MILEAGE IS BASED ON LAST TANK MILEAGE.THATS WHY ITS HIGH.

To be clear...it is based on the last 50-100 miles only. not the full tank.

go do 3 or 4 0-95mph pull back to back, and your DTE calculation will be in the mid 400's.

Drive home from work on the highway at 55mph and never get on the gas, and DTE will be 550.

the only time mine has been in the 600's was when I had the battery disconnected, and when i did my fourscan mods.