Quick Help needed: Phaser Rattle or something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that the Ford warranty for cam phasers expired in Jan 2023. Hope I'm wrong so enlighten me on the warranty period on the phasers.

OP
OP
S

shea-bird

Reaction score
I thought that the Ford warranty for cam phasers expired in Jan 2023. Hope I'm wrong so enlighten me on the warranty period on the phasers.

I think that was for vehicles over the 60k powertrain. Mine is still under factory warranty so it's covered.

And yeah, the plug price seems inflated. I used to do plugs on my Honda 4 bangers back in the day, but don't wanna risk a broken or stuck plug :D Plenty of other projects I'll take on myself, though.

OP
OP
S

shea-bird

Reaction score
Got the truck back yesterday and it purs. hoping she holds up for the long haul now!!

Also did:
perf plugs/wires
Trans flush
Front/read Diff fluid
Belts
injector/fuel system flush

Shout out to Garnet Ford if anyone's on here. Great experience.

gg0874

Reaction score
My 2019 had that issue. They ordered the parts but one of the required parts were back ordered at the factory. Took about 2 months to get them and two weeks in the shop to fix. Just got it back last week and no rattle. It was covered under warranty. Does make me wonder how much it would cost out of pocket tho?